GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Especially for FF..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/04/04 at 13:14
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
[URL]http://www.goyk.com/flash.asp?path=644[/URL]

I want one of these... Jesus Action Figure with Walk on Water action!;)
Thu 15/04/04 at 10:34
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Are there any other nearby churches?
Thu 15/04/04 at 09:57
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Archangel wrote:
> I was raised Catholic. What you are talking about is called
> transsubstantiation (trans-sub-stan-she-a-shun) (big word). It means
> that the wafer and wine become the body and blood of Jesus at the
> time of communion.

I became a Christain about five years ago - The Church I went to then and still go to is an Anglo Catholic Church - Basically Anglican with some of the Roman smells and bells thrown in for good measure. Though I really don't know how much longer I will go there because as I am learning more I am discovering how wrong alot of the tradition actually is - What gets me down more than anything is the way people are more interested in sticking with the traditions than actually getting stuck into serious worship and prayer.

>
> FF's not being anti-catholic. They believe in praying to Mary, which
> is unscriptural.

" Holy Mary - Mother of God " - How wrong is that one line.... And it is one of the many parts of the litturgy that I just don't say anymore...
Thu 15/04/04 at 03:55
Regular
"What? Me worry?"
True. There are many different ones that supposedly follow God. I guess we'll find out in the end who was right and who was wrong. But as Joshua said, "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." As for me, I believe that says to follow the Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth: BIBLE.
Wed 14/04/04 at 23:31
Regular
I think it's left open.

Some believe it's a representation, some people think it's a transformation. I don't think it's even important, but looking down on peopke over such a technicality in their belief's is petty.

They believe in the same God and Jesus that you do, just go about it in a slightly different way. You seem to have it in your heads that there is only one way to live, so no one will ever take your preaching seriously, unless they'd already decided that they wanted to live like you anyway.
Wed 14/04/04 at 23:25
Regular
"What? Me worry?"
I was raised Catholic. What you are talking about is called transsubstantiation (trans-sub-stan-she-a-shun) (big word). It means that the wafer and wine become the body and blood of Jesus at the time of communion. As only the priest partakes of the wine (or juice) now, the perticipants in communion only partake of the body. However (what version doesn't matter), the Bible says it is only a showing of the Lord's death until He comes again. Communion should not be done but in remembrance of what He did for us. At the last supper, when Jesus offered the bread, the disciples knew that it was only a representation of His body. The same with the cup of wine.

FF's not being anti-catholic. They believe in praying to Mary, which is unscriptural. I attended an uncle's funeral about two months ago and a priest there was praying and said, "holy mother of our Lord, we know that you have told your son about our brother ......" No one has to tell Jesus about anyone. He's God. I heard someone else in a eulogy say he was a good catholic. That doesn't get you into heaven. Neither does being a good Baptist, Lutheran, Methodist, or whatever. If you have not accepted Jesus, BY YOUR OWN FREE WILL, as Lord and Savior of your life, you're not going to heaven
Wed 14/04/04 at 14:57
Regular
Catholics don't necessarily believe that it is LITERALLY his body and blood, although it wouldn't surprise me if some did.
You're being stereotypical.

And this whole Mass thing.
You don't take it, it's not medicinal.
And it wasn't that the Bible said "Thou shalt go to mass"
It's just a way they like to pray together.
A gathering for a service.

Besides, lots of protestant versions have masses too.

Why are you snubbing other people's way of worshiping your God, even though they've accepted Christ like you said?
Wed 14/04/04 at 09:46
Regular
"Light of the world"
Forest Fan wrote:
> I just fail to see where Mass or Purgatory appear in the Bible, yet
> the Catholics profess to read the same Bible as myself.

I think this also... But I do not have the never ending knowledge of the bible like you do..

But I do not believe in purgatory o no.
Wed 14/04/04 at 07:54
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Catholic Mass believe they are eating and drinking Jesus' body and blood which is disgusting and un-scriptual. The wine and bread merely represent the body and blood of Christ. The Early Church was fine, then Catholics started decorating the Church and taking Mass, before the Protestants broke away and now, today we have separate Catholic and Protestant Churches.
Wed 14/04/04 at 02:24
Regular
Forest Fan wrote:
> Mass is continual sacrifice and we are never told to take mass. Jesus
> said do this in remembrance of Me, because that is what
> communion is, a rememberance. Mass is sacrificing Jesus again when
> His one and only sacrifice on the cross is suffecient for all.

No. Mass is when "masses" (see where the word Mass comes from) come together in a church for a service lead by a priest.
You don't take mass, it's not a drug.
And who said not to?

And it's not sacrificing anyone.
You're being silly and anti-catholic.
Its all Christian you mong.

Protestant only started because King Henry wanted a new wife!
Tue 13/04/04 at 21:59
Regular
"SOUP!"
Edgy wrote:
> If you can't laugh at life, then life isn't worth living.

Unless you just have a disorder where you can't laugh but still find things funny.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.