GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Bible is fiction."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/04/04 at 19:15
Regular
"but i am a sheep..."
The bible was written a long time ago and was used as a way of controlling people. Ordinary people were scared of this thing known as God because they did not understand death. We still do not understand death but at least we understand life a little better.
God was used to explain the unexplainable but now we understand some of the unexplainable. We no longer need God like our ancesters. All we need is hope...
Human nature is destruction and the only thing that we should hope for is that we do not destroy the beautiful planet on which we live. We do not deserve the gifts we have but maybe one day we will be truely gateful for them...
Page:
Fri 09/04/04 at 18:41
Regular
"What? Me worry?"
Forest Fan wrote:
> Well, all religions are false.

Amen. Religion is man's opinion of what God is and wants. It's man's way of justifying himself before God.
Romans 3:3-4: "For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? God forbid: yea, let God be true, and every man a liar;..."
Fri 09/04/04 at 19:05
Regular
"What? Me worry?"
Deathskitten wrote:
> The bible was written a long time ago and was used as a way of
> controlling people.
Wrong people used it to control. Unless they repented of their sins, they did not enter into heaven.

Ordinary people were scared of this thing known
> as God because they did not understand death. We still do not
> understand death but at least we understand life a little better.
Death can be man's enemy. The Bible declares that the last enemy to be destroyed will be death. Understanding death? Easy. Death came into the world by man's sin (Adam's) in the garden of Eden. God said if they ate of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, they would surely die. He meant spiritual separation from Him and a physical death, too.

> God was used to explain the unexplainable but now we understand some
> of the unexplainable. We no longer need God like our ancesters. All
> we need is hope...
There is so much that we don't know. "For now we see through a glass darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." (1 Corinthians 13:12) Paul is talking here about when we get to heaven. Only God knows everything.
There is no hope without God. The Psalmist said, "my hope is in thee." (Psalm 39:7) and "For thou art my hope, O Lord god: thou art my trust from my youth." (Psalm 71:5)

> Human nature is destruction and the only thing that we should hope
> for is that we do not destroy the beautiful planet on which we live.
> We do not deserve the gifts we have but maybe one day we will be
> truely gateful for them...
I trust and hope in God. You may believe what you will. I'll pray that you see that there is a great need for God today and that you'll turn to Him in repentance. This beautiful planet will one day be destroyed by fire in order to make way for a new heaven and a new earth where there will be no more death, sin, or sorrow. Only God makes that promise. "Behold, I make all things new." (Revelation 21:5). You're right. we do need to be grateful for what we have. "In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Chrsit Jesus concerning you." (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
Fri 09/04/04 at 19:18
"period drama"
Archangel wrote:
> FFF,
> Nothing is fixed with evolution, eh?
> That's very true. Evolution changes to accomodate itself with the
> world.
> God remains constant. Malachi 3:6 says, "For I am the Lord; I
> change not..." And Hebrews 13:8, "Jesus Christ, the same
> yesterday, and today, and forever." It's good to know that
> someone NEVER changes.

Is it?
That's nice.
Sat 10/04/04 at 07:57
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
But theories change, apparently evolution tells us man is getting wiser and wiser and the theory of evolution is just another step for man as they 'progress'. However the theory is thousands of years old, Paul in the Bible witnessed to Evolutionists. The theory was ignored through the years, Charles Darwin simply re-adopted the theory, vastly changing many parts of it.
Sat 10/04/04 at 11:20
"period drama"
Where does wisedom come into evolution?
It's a physical change, not a mental one.

And, on that note, we're never going to evolve past this stage - because the environment no longer controls us, so we'll never have to adapt. And the weak are no longer left to die.
Sat 10/04/04 at 11:26
Regular
We never did evolve. The theory of evolution states that we are evolving, so you obviously don't know what to believe.
Sat 10/04/04 at 11:30
"period drama"
We're not evolving, because evolution is an adaption to a change in the environment - animals don't evolve for fun, they don't even do it consiously - it's natural, lengthy adaption to the new environment.

And the environment no longer controls us - we control it, technology has allowed us to adapt any changes to us, rather than the other way around. And technology is faster, by millions of years, than evolution.
Therefore, we will not evolve past this stage.

Simple, non?
Sat 10/04/04 at 11:39
Regular
But science told me, the Sun will blow up soon, so that's not strictly true, is it?
Sat 10/04/04 at 11:42
Regular
We do not control the environment - we destroy it, but not control it.

And yes, in around 5 billion years (this is going by memory now, so the time could be wrong) the sun will go nova, changing into a new state due to the hydrogen being burnt up, and the wave of energy will likely cause damage or destruction to all, or atleast some, of the planets in our solar system.

And thus, God's heaven in the sky will be fried.
Sat 10/04/04 at 11:47
Regular
I heard 1 million years, which is it, eh?
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.