GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is This Too Far?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/04/04 at 21:35
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I read something today.

There's some monument/statue thing being erected of a boar of sorts - I don't know why/the story behind it, but it just is.

Anyway, Muslims are claiming that they will vandalise the statue if it is built, and are protesting against its construction.

Why?
Because they don't eat pig meat, and are offended by it.

What the hell?
Now, like Foreman I don't want to sound racist, but come on.
That's just utterly stupid - it is after all our nation, and, though I respect Britain is becoming/is multinational, it works both ways.
If the statue is to be built for whatever reason, let it be built. I'm sure there are plenty of things that immigrants and other Muslims do that offend Britons.

Ah well, I dunno.

Your views?
Mon 05/04/04 at 14:19
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
On my university game programming course, the original title of the game was to be "Pygomon", because the lecturer has a soft spot for the porcine beasts.

He was told the "Pyg" part of the title might cause offense to Muslim students, and had to change it.

Crazy. PC gone mental.
Mon 05/04/04 at 14:15
"Darth Vader 3442321"
"The hollow ceramic boar was donated by Mr Strutt. Sculpted on commission by W. J. Coffee - and based on drawings of a similar statue in the Market Nuovo in Florence - it was intended as a gift to the working classes of Derby".

What a thoughtful gift: here you go working class people, have a ceramic Boar. I don't know why the Moslems are so worried; as soon as the Boar is restored to its former "glory", a bunch of wacky students will nick it during rag week, and it'll end up in the middle of campus. Perhaps they'll hilariously demand a ransom for it and maybe they'll call the Boar bacon or something equally bafoontastic!

I wonder if the ethnic minorities will be asking for the Police to be disbanded, as every time they see one they immediately think of "pig". (No offence meant EB..)
Mon 05/04/04 at 13:49
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Forest Fan wrote:
> Well, being white (and English!), the Asians give me a hard time of
> it, but I can forgive them.

Well, if you talk to them like you talk to us here, then I can see why!

Thank God *you* can forgive them though. I was worried that you wouldn't for a minute there.
Mon 05/04/04 at 13:46
Regular
"Excommunicated"
This is stupid

It's a stupid statue and they have a stupid argument

Stupid
Mon 05/04/04 at 13:30
"I love yo... lamp."
I'm completely failing to see any ill-informed bigotry in this thread Light.
Mon 05/04/04 at 13:15
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Forest Fan wrote:

> More ill-informed bigotry

Y'know, maybe I was wrong about you being 12. Judging by the lack of sophistication in your softly-softly approach to hatemongering, you're probably about 14.
Mon 05/04/04 at 13:03
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
I don't know of any Scots in my area, I'm sure they would join in though.
Mon 05/04/04 at 11:26
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Replace 'Asians' with 'Scots' and 'frowning' with 'laughing at such luck'.
Then replace 'celebrating' with 'getting out the drinks'.

*Ahem*
Mon 05/04/04 at 08:50
Regular
The 2002 World Cup was too much though.

Picture this, England are doing really good in the World Cup, they have ploughed through Denmark 3-0 in the semis. You see all the Asians frowning, there all down, they want England to lose.

Then we play Brazil, lose 2-1 in a thrilling and upsetting match and now the Asians start celebrating!

Please do not take any of this racially (I'm sure many Asians are patricotic to England -their current country), but this was my expierence.
Mon 05/04/04 at 08:47
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Thankyou FF, minister for racial relations.

Well, being white (and English!), the Asians give me a hard time of it, but I can forgive them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.