GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FF, what colour was Jesus?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/03/04 at 13:40
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Or God for that matter. He made us in His image and the earliest Humans were from Asia, so they must have been yellow/brown/whatever skinned. Yet, every Bible printed, every religious image in the Western world shows him as a white man. Why is that? Do you think it could be some subtle form of manipulation for us Honkys? The whole region of Bethlehem, Jerusalem, etc., is in the Middle East area, and I don't see no white folk about. Could it be that the Bible my old school gave me and forced me to learn from was lying to me?

My personal favourite theory, that explains everything about the man called Jesus, is that he was a time-traveller. Think about it. Some mystical bloke, giving it all "that" with extra sass - I'd be pretty lairy if I'd just time-travelled. Healing the sick with modern and future medicine. And he's white. The first time-traveller (if the End of Days hasn't come like you're cheerily predicting) will probably be some white-bred American bloke, so he'll be well-versed in the Bible. It's a good theory, don't knock it. Expect to see the film. Soon. Starring Mark Wahlberg as Jesus. And William Shatner as God. Probably.
Page:
Mon 29/03/04 at 13:40
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Or God for that matter. He made us in His image and the earliest Humans were from Asia, so they must have been yellow/brown/whatever skinned. Yet, every Bible printed, every religious image in the Western world shows him as a white man. Why is that? Do you think it could be some subtle form of manipulation for us Honkys? The whole region of Bethlehem, Jerusalem, etc., is in the Middle East area, and I don't see no white folk about. Could it be that the Bible my old school gave me and forced me to learn from was lying to me?

My personal favourite theory, that explains everything about the man called Jesus, is that he was a time-traveller. Think about it. Some mystical bloke, giving it all "that" with extra sass - I'd be pretty lairy if I'd just time-travelled. Healing the sick with modern and future medicine. And he's white. The first time-traveller (if the End of Days hasn't come like you're cheerily predicting) will probably be some white-bred American bloke, so he'll be well-versed in the Bible. It's a good theory, don't knock it. Expect to see the film. Soon. Starring Mark Wahlberg as Jesus. And William Shatner as God. Probably.
Mon 29/03/04 at 13:43
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Jesus was Jewish and living in hot and sunny Israel He would have had a deep tan colour.
Mon 29/03/04 at 13:46
Regular
I think of him as eastern-european
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
But my Bible doesn't say that. You are wrong, he was white. Look, pictures - PROOF!!!!!!!11111111!dribble
Regular
I think of Him, sorry.
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
monkey_man wrote:
> Yet, every Bible printed, every religious image in the
> Western world shows him as a white man.

I don't know about every bible printed, I think your probably wring there, but I'll give you every bible in the Western World.

Anyway, I think that is in an attempt to make us more able to identify with him. he is supposed to be like a best friend to every Christian, so little wonder that we have altered out perception of him to make him fit in more with out ideals. Remember Christianity has been around longer than Political Correctness :p

(did you actually want an answer on that?)
Mon 29/03/04 at 13:53
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Yeah, any interpretation is welcome, but I was just pointing out the glaring inaccuracies in the source of FF's responses to everything.
Mon 29/03/04 at 13:55
Regular
"I ush!"
monkey_man wrote:
> Yet, every Bible printed, every religious image in the
> Western world shows him as a white man.

Actually that's not true. I went to a monestry at Montserrat, Spain where they found a statue of a black virgin mary and jesus. I don't think that is the only case either.

anyhoo

I think the reason that most western documentation depicts Mary and Jesus as black is because religion was used as a tool to control the people, by presenting an untangible threat for people to relate to to basically stop them being gits to one another and also to give the rich clergymen more money. If the icons weren't like the people i.e. white, then the people wouldn't relate so well. Plus it'd make it more difficult to commit acts of genocide in the church's name.
Mon 29/03/04 at 13:55
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
RedSonic wrote:
> I think of him as eastern-european

But He lived in Israel.
Mon 29/03/04 at 13:56
Regular
and... that isn't eastern-european???
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.