GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Arr, what be your PES 4 Bogey team?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 4'.
Wed 30/03/05 at 11:34
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
You know what im talking about.

The team that, on paper, you would probably rest some of your better players for and still expect to win. The team that you would expect to win cormfortably by 3 or 4 goals whilst resting your poor fingers that took a bashing from your previous game against Real Madrid. However, they always give you a hard time, especially when you are in needy of the points.

Mine are Blackburn, they always seems to give me a tough game and even though I pound their goal all game, they still manage to score first making me sweat for the rest of the game and even then, they seem to survive and possibly score another through their pensioner striker Dwight Yorke, currently at 35 years of age.

So I ask, who be your PES 4 bogey team and why?
Fri 01/04/05 at 00:52
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Weird you mention Villareal Asher - in reality their strike force is sensational, but I think they've only ever scored one goal against me. Good goal though, Forlan volley. They lost 4-1 in that game, and I usually manage to put 3 or 4 past them.

Possibly because of the stupid master league managers that make awful team decisions; the incredibly old Andersen was brought back into the squad to pair Forlan up front, with José Maria moving back to right midfield, until they got someone else in to do that, so now he doesn't play in the first team. And Barca put Ronaldinho in the foremost position, moved Deco into his old space and brought in one of the lesser midfielders for Deco's spot. So Eto'o and Larsson are both on the bench. And Puyol has moved to left back, and Marquez isn't in central defence as he'd need to be without Puyol there. Crazy. And Real Madrid put Beckham in Figo's place, put Guti in Beckham's place, ad dropped Figo altogether. Which means his initially high average rating never drops, so he's quite a way ahead of anyone else despite never playing. And four of the best defenders have retired and been reborn. But anyway.

My hated team changes a lot. For a time it was Real Zaragoza, as in the penultimate game of the season, when I was three points clear, they whooped me 3-0. My team was a lot better on paper, especially considering I'd bought David Villa from them while I was still in Division 2. I won the last match, but so did Real Madrid, and as they'd been hammering them home all season, they had a much better goal difference and won the league. Then Zaragoza bought Tamudo from the relegated Espanyol, and Solskjaer, which meant they had an even better strike force. They haven't beaten me since, and in fact earlier this season I played them twice in one week, winning 4-1 in the league and 5-0 in the cup.

Currently I dislike Mallorca. A newly promoted team somehow managed to beat me 2-1 in a game in which four penalties were awarded. Amazingly, three of them didn't go in. Their first hit the post, and saved me from going 2-0 down. My first was drilled low central to avoid blasting over the bar and was saved by the keeper, the second put in the same spot and the keeper didn't move at all. Their second was hit to the other side and went in, giving them the winning goal a few minutes after I'd equalised. I'm rather looking forward to the return match now.
Thu 31/03/05 at 16:57
Regular
"Excellent"
When im AC Milan its Crystal Palace or Crisisbless
Thu 31/03/05 at 10:58
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
3 stars? pfft..
Thu 31/03/05 at 10:18
Regular
": ("
N ow that i've stopped playing TS3 im back to playing this and seeing as i'm ill (but well enough to play PES4) this is a perfect chance for me to finish off my 4th season (im on week 33).

Heres my team so far:

GK - Zoff

CBT - Kompany
CBT - Terry

RB - Walton
LB - Gerrard

DMF - Stankovic
RMF - Muhren
LMF - Nakata
OMF - Zico

CF - Saviola
CF - Martins

I have some decent subs (Maradona, Robson, Drogba...) but most of them are classic player and i'm trying my best not to use too mnay classic players but I have to keep Zico or some other team (no doubt Chelsea) will buy him and become unbeatable.

Im playing on 3 stars but I did season 2 and 3 on 4 stars. I find 3 stars better because I like winning and sometimes I draw so I guess i'm not cheating that much. :)

I will probably put it up to 4 stars in season 5.
Wed 30/03/05 at 21:12
Liverpool. Zico is disgustingly good.
Wed 30/03/05 at 16:09
Regular
": ("
Chelsea, because they managed to get Zico AND Pele and I couldn't. Plus they always score at least 2 goals when I play them in the Master League on 3 stars.
Wed 30/03/05 at 16:08
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Used to be Spurs. Now I can take them easily, though, and right now pretty much everyone is easy to beat. Real Madrid have been in decline every season with retirements from Beckham, Figo, Zidane and Carlos.
Wed 30/03/05 at 14:44
Regular
Bloody Villareal, they've beaten me by about 3 or 4 goals EVERY time I've played them in the Master League, even though each time we play my team will have imroved slightly. Closest I got to beating them was losing 3-2. Scum.
Wed 30/03/05 at 11:34
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
You know what im talking about.

The team that, on paper, you would probably rest some of your better players for and still expect to win. The team that you would expect to win cormfortably by 3 or 4 goals whilst resting your poor fingers that took a bashing from your previous game against Real Madrid. However, they always give you a hard time, especially when you are in needy of the points.

Mine are Blackburn, they always seems to give me a tough game and even though I pound their goal all game, they still manage to score first making me sweat for the rest of the game and even then, they seem to survive and possibly score another through their pensioner striker Dwight Yorke, currently at 35 years of age.

So I ask, who be your PES 4 bogey team and why?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.