GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Arr, what be your PES 4 Bogey team?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 4'.
Wed 30/03/05 at 11:34
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
You know what im talking about.

The team that, on paper, you would probably rest some of your better players for and still expect to win. The team that you would expect to win cormfortably by 3 or 4 goals whilst resting your poor fingers that took a bashing from your previous game against Real Madrid. However, they always give you a hard time, especially when you are in needy of the points.

Mine are Blackburn, they always seems to give me a tough game and even though I pound their goal all game, they still manage to score first making me sweat for the rest of the game and even then, they seem to survive and possibly score another through their pensioner striker Dwight Yorke, currently at 35 years of age.

So I ask, who be your PES 4 bogey team and why?
Mon 04/04/05 at 15:51
Regular
": ("
I tried the Cup Mode yesterday and one the International cup, im gonna try and get all of the cups.
Mon 04/04/05 at 13:04
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Argh, last night, I lost to Blackburn AGAIN!...

This is getting beyond amusing now.
Fri 01/04/05 at 17:37
Regular
Oh and something i'd like to see in PES5 would be the ability to see the results for every single match you've played on PES. That includes against your mates, in the Master League, Friendlies etc.
Fri 01/04/05 at 17:03
Regular
Im getting a bit bored of the Master League now that i've just started season 5. I'm gonna have a go at some of the leagues but before that im gonna try to win on 6 stars which will be very hard since I can just about win on 4 stars. This is probably the best PS2 game out right now for me, i've litterally been playing it non stop since the release date (about half a year ago), i've tried buying other games to play instead like Timesplitters 3, Burnout 3 and DefJam but I still keep coming back to this.

EDIT | OMG, I actually BEAT the computer on 6 stars! It was a very close game though. I managed to keep it 0-0 until the first half of extra time when Viera passed the ball to Wiltord and somehow Wiltord ran with the ball all the way from the half way line with two defenders trying to tackle him from behind, and as soon as I got to the keeper I just tapped square and shot it right through his legs.

I used France against Spain btw so the teams were pretty fair.

I think im gonna start using 4 stars now in the Master League and maybe 5 stars in the normal Leagues.
Fri 01/04/05 at 16:53
Regular
When I was playing the master league on 6 stars difficulty as Arsenal I could beat every team in the league apart from Roma. They used to score goals that i couldnt do anything about. In some games the score was 0-0 and then they score out of nothing very late on when I cant get back. In other games I would lead 1-0 for almost the whole game and they eould equalize near the end. Overall my record against them was poor. I used lose most of the games at the Stadio Olimpico and they would usually earn a draw at Highbury.

I also played the master league on 6 stars with Inter and the bogey teams in the league for me where the two german ones i put into the league. These were Bayern Munich and Borusia Dortmund.
Fri 01/04/05 at 15:49
Regular
I don't know their name but that team with Nakata is pretty good.b
Fri 01/04/05 at 15:25
Regular
"Max Power"
MY bogey team are forest :) In normal league (im bored of master league) i am allways top of the league and i don't know how but everytime i play them its tough, probly because i support them and made them really good.
Oh if you didn't realised i created forest instead of west brom (there going down anyway). This is on 6 star, which seems easier than 5 star.
Fri 01/04/05 at 10:19
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Virtuoso wrote:
> My Club bogey team are probably West Brom, of all people :o

Stu, are you talking about Liverpool here or Pro Evo? ;)
Fri 01/04/05 at 09:29
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
My Club bogey team are probably West Brom, of all people :o

...and then of course, nearly all of them German League tend to be stubborn sods.

International, it used to be Denmark; I don't know anymore, since I haven't played them for a while.
Fri 01/04/05 at 09:12
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Blank wrote:
> For a time it was Real Zaragoza, as in
> the penultimate game of the season, when I was three points clear,
> they whooped me 3-0.

You just reminded me of the love hate relationship I had with Zaragoza when I first got promotion to div 1. In one season, I surprisingly, had to play them 3 times consecutivly: 2 league games on the trot sandwiched by 1 cup game (it was quite a shock that everytime I click on 'next game' it said Zaragoza..)

They managed to dump me out of the cup yet I won both the league games by a small margin, the matches were entertaining though - end to end stuff and in a way I liked playing them, but they got relegated since and I haven't played them for a while.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.