GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Self-harm: cutting."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/03/04 at 10:29
Regular
"Omnipresent"
My girlfriend recently asked me why I cut myself. I replied

"Because I have knowledge of things I cannot change."

It's quite profound, but that is why I cut myself. To let out anger. I don't cut deep, but enough to bleed. I sent my qoute to a self-harm website, to use on there front page but they ignored it. Shame, I really think it can help people understand why they are harming (cutting, burning etc) themselves.

Hopefully someone will find it useful.

James Matthew Lockwood.
Thu 25/03/04 at 10:29
Regular
"Omnipresent"
My girlfriend recently asked me why I cut myself. I replied

"Because I have knowledge of things I cannot change."

It's quite profound, but that is why I cut myself. To let out anger. I don't cut deep, but enough to bleed. I sent my qoute to a self-harm website, to use on there front page but they ignored it. Shame, I really think it can help people understand why they are harming (cutting, burning etc) themselves.

Hopefully someone will find it useful.

James Matthew Lockwood.
Thu 25/03/04 at 10:34
Regular
"Bicycle"
Cutting yourself is dumb.

No offence.

My ex cut herself. Then after I dumped her she started again. It's pathetic. I understand it's a cry for help or what have you, but you're not helping you or anyone else, you're just compounding the pain you and others will feel, hurting more people.

'Tis a viscious cycle.

Also, why is having knowledge that there are things you can't change a problem? Change yourself. You sound like you need a good dose of budhism man... Drive all blames into oneself, you might get that, but then remember that everything is impermenant and that you are constantly changing.

It's want that creates suffering, and by ceasing to want you will cease to suffer. Just be happy with what you are and take each moment as it comes, no matter how bad things may seem.
Thu 25/03/04 at 10:36
Regular
"Omnipresent"
thou art wise. but my qoute is profound so :P
Thu 25/03/04 at 10:36
Regular
"Omnipresent"
:D
Thu 25/03/04 at 10:37
Regular
"Bicycle"
locky1133 wrote:
> thou art wise. but my qoute is profound so :P

The profound ness damns me...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Thu 25/03/04 at 10:38
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Coin wrote:
> Cutting yourself is dumb.
>

*shrugs* It happens. My arms are a mess of lighter and knife scars. I didn't know which way to turn.
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Self harm and cutting is something I'm intimately familiar with, having spent the last 4 or 5 years with a psychotic girlfriend who regularly used to indulge in this and a wide range of other body dysmorphic fun. So I'm kinda biased, and excuse that bias please, but...

Self harm may as well be called self indulgence. "Look at me, I'm deep and I have issues because I will willingly scar my own flesh. It helps me deal with my problems whilst simoultaneously making everyone close to me aware of them."

To quote Viz, when in need of making a cry for help, why not actually try crying for help? Beats setting yourself off on a spiral of self-destruction that will lose you most of your friends, and psychologically damage the few who are fool enough to remain close to you whilst you carry on with that whole "Look at me, etc..." cutting thing.
Regular
"Omnipresent"
But the knowledge that I suffer at the hands of is nightmarish. Imagine if the girl you LOVED, the one you are meant to be with was R***d. That is just part of the knowledge that cuts me.

Closed wounds harbour pestilence.
Thu 25/03/04 at 10:42
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
locky1133 wrote:
> But the knowledge that I suffer at the hands of is nightmarish.
> Imagine if the girl you LOVED, the one you are meant to be with was
> R***d. That is just part of the knowledge that cuts me.

What do you mean, "imagine"?

Look, cutting is nothing more than an appalling coping mechanism. If you really want to be healed and whole mentally, get thee to a counsellor of some description. Cutting does nothing except give you physical wounds as well as the mental ones.
>
> Closed wounds harbour pestilence.

Pseudo-profound cockrot. Open wounds are the badge of a wounded mind. No more or less profound, but with a little more grounding in reality.
Thu 25/03/04 at 10:44
Regular
"Omnipresent"
You sit there spouting non-sensical ramblings from your pseudo-benevolent podiums. But I know. You don't know I know, but I know. Mwah hahaha.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.