GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Heavy Metal Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/03/04 at 16:31
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
We really needed a thread for the world's premier type of music, so I created one, and here it is.

Rock on!
Page:
Fri 26/03/04 at 16:46
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
www.rockoffshop.co.uk offer good service but their stuff is limited.

I got this [URL]http://rockoffshop.co.uk/popup.cfm?p_n=42917&p_i=42917[/URL] from them a while ago, and it came in 3 days. 3! That was great.

Also, with a better selection of stock is: TShirtsVille, [URL]http://www.tshirtsville.com[/URL]. I ordered from there a while ago but it took about a month to come.
Fri 26/03/04 at 15:52
Regular
Can anyone actually solo like 'Vai though?

Anyway.

Where can I get decent "band" t-shirts from? (online retailer if possible)
Fri 26/03/04 at 10:30
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Timmargh wrote:
> Very_Metal wrote:
> is it the "let freedom ring with the shotgun blasts" one?
> if so, it`s called Davidian, it`s arguably their most famous
> track...
> *****
>
> Nah - that's probably the one name I can remember. I think
> it's the track after that on their Burn My Eyes album.

Old man, dead hand?
Thu 25/03/04 at 19:07
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
gamezfreak wrote:
> Try playing that on guitar*
>
> *203bbm

Slipknot - People=sh*t: 237bpm.

I foyu really want a challenge try the solo to Steve Vai's 'The Riddle', its the fastest anyone has ever been recorded playing, 20.8 notes per second to be exact. And thats alternate picking, not tapping.
Wed 24/03/04 at 22:37
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Damn, where's the emo thread gone?

:P

Metallica are good. Iron Maiden are cool. Ummmm........

I like Rage too. A lot.

And er......other types of rock.

Heavy heavy metal just don't interest me.
Wed 24/03/04 at 22:36
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Astronomy, I must re get that song. I remember when I first got broadband I was really into Metallica at the time and I went on a downloading spree and that was one of the songs that I got. Can't really remember it anymore since I lost it in several HD formats since then but interestingly enough I'm really into Metallica again now. So I'll have to get it.
It was a cover wasn't it?

I don't know if anyone's seen this but it rocks; Zakk Wylde sitting in a hotel room (apparently) with his guitar. Unfortunately it's 22 megs and is in Quicktime format but it's really worth a watch.
http://www.krijgenic.com/zakk_hotel_room.mov
Wed 24/03/04 at 22:24
"I love yo... lamp."
Astronomy by Metallica also deserves a mention. Amazing song.

Mattias Ia Eklundh is must listen to Fifo. Lydia's House, Lisa's Passion For Heavy Metal and Revenge Of The Bambi Loving Terrorist are amazing songs. And he recorded all of his album, Freak Guitar, in his bathroom.
Wed 24/03/04 at 22:22
"I love yo... lamp."
I've been playing for a looong time on and off. However it has only been in the past two years or so, since I got myself a new Stratocaster and Marshall amp, that I have started playing again.
Wed 24/03/04 at 22:20
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
gamezfreak wrote:
> I wanted to go to G3, but my mates don't.
>
> Losers.

Aha, I have been converting friends one by one to the greatness of Satch and the like for a while now, so we have a fair few going down to the Albert Hall :)

On topic: Bruce Dickenson's solo stuff is fantastic, and Maiden have too many good songs to just pick one.
Wed 24/03/04 at 22:16
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I wanted to go to Ozzfest but it's over the other side of the world. Oh well.

Biggles, how long have you been playing?
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.