GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Heavy Metal Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/03/04 at 16:31
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
We really needed a thread for the world's premier type of music, so I created one, and here it is.

Rock on!
Page:
Fri 26/03/04 at 22:48
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
RoJ wrote:
> There are too many genres I think, with more developing all the time.
> It just makes everythnig more complicated.

It gets even more complicated when you get 'hardcore', 'grind' and 'doom', amongst others. I don't have a clue what any of those are.
Fri 26/03/04 at 22:47
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Their first few albums were very black metal, kind of scary to be honest; aggressive sound with really high pitched screeching then cutting back to a more melodic part with a female voicover with a strong english accent but with an insane sound to it (Like that Drucilla woman from Buffy but with a real english accent, not that I watch Buffy of course, ahem). But from what I've heard of their later stuff (songs like No Time To Cry and Babylon AD) they've really cut back on the blackness and given it catchy vocal lines and softer riffs.
If anything they've adopted a more numetal sound and stopped the scariness.
No, really, I mean they had a song on Midian called The Rape And Ruin Of Angels, wierd stuff, then they've moved on to songs called No Time To Cry. Eh.

Anyway, not all black metal is bad, the vocals are realy offputting at first but there is some good stuff out there. Having said that I used to hate it all.
Fri 26/03/04 at 22:44
Regular
"Not a Jew"
There are too many genres I think, with more developing all the time. It just makes everythnig more complicated.
Fri 26/03/04 at 22:18
"I love yo... lamp."
Cradle of Filth aren't heavy metal, they are black metal. Which as a rule, is crap.
Fri 26/03/04 at 22:15
Regular
"Not a Jew"
So speaks "Freak of the week".

:P
Fri 26/03/04 at 21:41
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
The only song by Cradle of Filth I can say I have heard, and enjoyed is 'Her Ghost in the Fog'. The lyrics are really haunting.

Most of their other stuff, though, is overly freaky, even in my opinion.
Fri 26/03/04 at 21:16
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Cradle of Filth are really terrible. They try far too hard to be gothic and everything but they just plain suck.

There are many far better 'heavy heavy metal' bands than Cradle Of Filth.
Fri 26/03/04 at 19:53
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Cyclone wrote:
> Heavy heavy metal just don't interest me.

Like Cradle of Filth? Me neither.
Fri 26/03/04 at 18:57
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
List of bands I can't live without.

Iron Maiden
KoRn
White/Rob Zombie
(some)Slipknot and Mudvain
(Old) Metallica
Rolling Stones

Does anyone else think that some of the recent Metalica kinda sucks. Anyone? No? Oh, alright....

*picks up knife*

*stab stab stab*
Fri 26/03/04 at 18:48
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Seems like a great site, and the prices look fantastic. Like the look of the Master of Puppets shirt- great album, but also great artwork.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.