GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forest Fan: Some advice"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/03/04 at 00:49
Regular
"8==="
Right let me explain something to you about people.

People don't like to be told what to do. You may be right, you may be wrong, but endlessly forcing your beliefs on people is going to force away more people than it 'saves'.
Don't think of us as the 'children of God' think of us as the 'Adolescents of God' now apply all the cliches that go with adolescence: The more you tell us to do something the more likely we are to go against what you say, we aren't going to listen to you when we can think for ourselves, we are making the most of our freedom and anyone who is seeking to limit that freedom is biting off more than they can chew.
What we want is actions NOT words if you can show people what good you or your faction of christianity actually PHYSICALLY DOES to make the world a better place, you've a much better chance of having people listen to you. If you go around quoting events that 'happened' hundreds of years ago most people will ignore you. You have to be relevant to people for them to listen to you, so what I want you to let us know is what does your particular branch of christianty PHYSICALLY DO to make the world a better place? Do you have schemes that help the poor? Do you try to help areas suffering from disease and famine? If your branch merely focuses it's energy on converting people through word of mouth alone and not through deeds then I'm afraid your branch is destined to wither and die.
Tue 23/03/04 at 00:49
Regular
"8==="
Right let me explain something to you about people.

People don't like to be told what to do. You may be right, you may be wrong, but endlessly forcing your beliefs on people is going to force away more people than it 'saves'.
Don't think of us as the 'children of God' think of us as the 'Adolescents of God' now apply all the cliches that go with adolescence: The more you tell us to do something the more likely we are to go against what you say, we aren't going to listen to you when we can think for ourselves, we are making the most of our freedom and anyone who is seeking to limit that freedom is biting off more than they can chew.
What we want is actions NOT words if you can show people what good you or your faction of christianity actually PHYSICALLY DOES to make the world a better place, you've a much better chance of having people listen to you. If you go around quoting events that 'happened' hundreds of years ago most people will ignore you. You have to be relevant to people for them to listen to you, so what I want you to let us know is what does your particular branch of christianty PHYSICALLY DO to make the world a better place? Do you have schemes that help the poor? Do you try to help areas suffering from disease and famine? If your branch merely focuses it's energy on converting people through word of mouth alone and not through deeds then I'm afraid your branch is destined to wither and die.
Tue 23/03/04 at 09:40
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Hedfix wrote:
> Right let me explain something to you about people.
>
> People don't like to be told what to do.

Which is why Hedfix is telling you what to do.... another hypocrite.
Tue 23/03/04 at 10:52
Regular
"Excommunicated"
God loves you and me
Tue 23/03/04 at 12:19
Regular
"8==="
Stranger In Paradise wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> Right let me explain something to you about people.
>
> People don't like to be told what to do.
>
> Which is why Hedfix is telling you what to do.... another hypocrite.

Heh, I was trying to explain to the guy why people don't take him seriously. I'm not going to tell you why people don't take you seriously since you already know.
Tue 23/03/04 at 18:02
Regular
"8==="
Any comments Forest Fan?
Tue 23/03/04 at 18:11
Regular
"Twenty quid."
"Jesus loves you. Everyone else thinks you're a ****!"

That's not aimed at anyone - I just found it amusing.
Tue 23/03/04 at 18:59
Regular
"8==="
Yes you could probably sum this thread up with:

"Jesus was a great guy but what has he done for me lately?"

At least what has Forest Fan's branch done lately?

I genuinely want to know.
Tue 23/03/04 at 21:24
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Timmargh wrote:
> "Jesus loves you. Everyone else thinks you're a ****!"

I have a t-shirt with that on. Only a slightly longer insult, beginning in W.
Tue 23/03/04 at 21:27
Regular
"SOUP!"
Paragraphs!
Tue 23/03/04 at 21:27
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Anyone else have the t-shirt that says:

"Jesus is coming. Look busy!"?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.