GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Baten Kaitos"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Baten Kaitos'.
Fri 01/04/05 at 19:44
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Suprised no one's made a topic on this already, but tis out today. I haven't got it yet - in the last month I've bought Wario, Resi and Splitters and they've kinda left me low on cash.

Those who got it today/have already imported (Psycho Fox, WS etc.), is it worth my money? I'm an RPG fan as ye may know, but an RPG fan slightly put off by all this card fighting business. So.. verdicts anyone?
Page:
Fri 06/05/05 at 19:53
Regular
"bit of a brain"
That's the best party, I think, mainly because Gibari Kalas and Xelha can use all the elements, whereas Savyna and Lyude only use water/fire and light/dark respectively, which sort of cancels out in a way.
Fri 06/05/05 at 19:50
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Haven't played this in a couple of days but got past the library (thanks gerrid ^_^). In the Celestial Tree now, just got Savyna. Can't make up my mind whether to keep her in the party or not. I've used Lyude about twice in the entire game :) My usual party's Kalas, Gibari and Xhella.
Fri 06/05/05 at 19:27
Regular
"bit of a brain"
oh no its sadness followed by happiness rather than both at the same time.
Fri 06/05/05 at 17:48
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Isn't that the one with the mine?
>
> That's the worst, the best one is where he just runs and and starts
> frantically beating them around the head with his gun, can't remember
> the name though.

Psyİho Fox 19 wrote:
> Ah that is VI Cresendo, I liked that one.

No, Crescendo is the one with all the kicks.

Sforzanzo (or something) is the one with the gun-head beating.

I keep it in my deck even against dark creature because it's so cool (although I've'nt (that should be a word) used him in a while).

It kicks ass.

Also, when you were talking about horrible sadness mixed with overwhelming happiness gerrid (Talking about completion), is it any similar to the same sorta feeling I felt just before fighting you know who after the tower of Zosma in the village?

I felt something like sadness and happiness then (But I forgot to take a damn picture) :-(.
Fri 06/05/05 at 17:45
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
the baten kaitos review i wrote won game of the day :D [URL]http://specialreserve.co.uk/Batten_3228_r.html[/URL] if u wanna read it.
Fri 06/05/05 at 17:30
Regular
Don't read this post if you haven't finished the Celestial Alps.

munn wrote:
> I got this through this morning.
>
> It's good, it's good.
>
> I "beat" that dude (I've forgotten his name) who killed
> Kalas's grandpappie and his bro (whatever happened to his dad
> though?) and went on the cloud path to the celestial river etc etc
> etcbut i died there, but i hadn't saved since before beating that
> dude.
>
> Graghgh.
>
> :-(

Ahahaa, it seems to be a common trend that I beat Giacamo and then forget to save it.

Damn it.
Fri 06/05/05 at 17:27
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> I'd have thought by now that you'd learn to save after every section.
> It's quite obvious, really. Anyway, Savyna is good if you can use her
> properly.

The only reason I didn't switch my GC off when I went out (I NEVER leave it on) was because I couldn't remember if I'd saved it.

And Savyna's like 10 times weaker than everyone else.

I tend to use Kalas, Gibari, and of course, the Great Mizuti.
I used Lyude for a while (intead of Gibari), but he's been class 4 for AGES, and that's not good enough.

I'd NEVER used Savyna until that battle.
She was too fire-based, and just about every boss seems to be weak against water, so there was no point.
Fri 06/05/05 at 16:18
Regular
Haha, I hate it when it forces you to use a character in a battle, and you never use them so half their deck is empty.

Good times.
Fri 06/05/05 at 15:42
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I'd have thought by now that you'd learn to save after every section. It's quite obvious, really. Anyway, Savyna is good if you can use her properly.
Fri 06/05/05 at 12:53
Regular
Oh great.

I beat the boss at the top of the Celestial Alps.
Then I went to desert in Alfard and started fighting that boss (without saving it).
I stop halfway through the boss there (I have to use Savyna!? She sucks) to go out.
I come home and there's been a short power cut.

I'm at the top of teh Celestial Alps again.
I have to fight that boss.
Again And listen to teh stories in teh middle, again.

Goddamn.
It's epic.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.