GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Baten Kaitos"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Baten Kaitos'.
Fri 01/04/05 at 19:44
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Suprised no one's made a topic on this already, but tis out today. I haven't got it yet - in the last month I've bought Wario, Resi and Splitters and they've kinda left me low on cash.

Those who got it today/have already imported (Psycho Fox, WS etc.), is it worth my money? I'm an RPG fan as ye may know, but an RPG fan slightly put off by all this card fighting business. So.. verdicts anyone?
Page:
Tue 10/05/05 at 19:52
Regular
"thursdayton!"
The-IronFlame wrote:
> "I'm not that Innocent! MAGIC!!!!" grr...

I know.. I hate her voice altogether but that is one of her worst lines.

So I'm now in a psychadelic place on the way to Mira, I think the story is at last kicking in properly now.
Tue 10/05/05 at 19:12
Regular
"I'm not that Innocent! MAGIC!!!!" grr...
Tue 10/05/05 at 16:45
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
i watched the baten kaitos video from E3 2k4 yesterday and noticed a difference in the voice acting. the trailer is just the opening CG, but the voice acting is different, much better in fact. even some of the lines are better than the actual cg intro. i got confused, so i read up on what happened. basically, namco went for the cheap option rather than pay the expense and make the voice acting amazing. the initial trailer was basically something they could compare to the actual intro, to see if there was a big difference in the voice acting. they clearly though there wasn't, but if u take the time to download it u will see how much better it is.
may i just say though, that the ending to baten kaitos is one of the best endings to a game i've played in quite a while. everything comes together, and i found it nigh impossible to take my eyes off the screen. for those of u who have got stuck on a boss, please perservere. you'll thank me when u get to the end =)
Sun 08/05/05 at 19:12
Regular
February?! I wonder how long each current gen console has left in its lifespan :S Legendia looks weird.. of course thy can't achieve much graphically but still..
Sun 08/05/05 at 19:10
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
well maybe namco r mad then [URL] http://ps2.ign.com/articles/603/603622p1.html?fromint=1 [/URL]

fingers crossed for europe release =(
Sun 08/05/05 at 19:02
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
There's a port of the Tales game from the PS on the PSP, and that will most-likely get a US release.... which suits me fine. :)
Sun 08/05/05 at 17:03
Regular
It's not really a sequel more like the next in the series and I doubt the US will get it unless they're crazy to release it when the PS3 (or whatever it's called) would be close to release.
Sun 08/05/05 at 13:00
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
yeah i know there were minor improvements but nothing really outstanding. overall i think the cube version is technically better, though ive never played the ps2 version so again its open to debate :O atleast western ps2 owners never got to play it =) however, they have got to play all the other tales game lately, not to mention to sequel to ToS thats coming to US shores. one of the reasons im getting a PS2 actually.
Sat 07/05/05 at 14:45
Regular
Hmmm it looks a little better but still we got the best technical version :P Oh and I doubt another Tales will come out here unless it's on the next gen consoles now.
Sat 07/05/05 at 13:17
Regular
"thursdayton!"
TaMi-Jr wrote:
> the PS2 copy was released far later and
> was actually an inferior version compared to the cube one.

Unfortunately the PS2 version was much better.. released later it was almost like a Director's Cut of the Cube version, which is one of the reasons it sold better. It's kinda depressing, but there's a list of everything they souped up in the PS2 one on gamefaqs.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.