GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Baten Kaitos"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Baten Kaitos'.
Fri 01/04/05 at 19:44
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Suprised no one's made a topic on this already, but tis out today. I haven't got it yet - in the last month I've bought Wario, Resi and Splitters and they've kinda left me low on cash.

Those who got it today/have already imported (Psycho Fox, WS etc.), is it worth my money? I'm an RPG fan as ye may know, but an RPG fan slightly put off by all this card fighting business. So.. verdicts anyone?
Page:
Sat 07/05/05 at 12:51
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
i prefer ToS, probably because i was so hyped for it and read everything about it. even after all the hype i was still blown away. i don't think they will released any other tales games for nintendo consoles though, mainly because ToS sold far more copies on PS2 than on cube in Japan, eventhough the PS2 copy was released far later and was actually an inferior version compared to the cube one. tales of eternia announced for PSP and tales of legendia announced for PS2, such a shame that ToS didn't sell as well in europe, otherwise the story could have been oh so different.
Fri 06/05/05 at 23:18
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Chipseh wrote:
> murder Namco if they don't release Tales of Rebirth on the Gamecube

:( RIP Namco then.

With only probably getting through half of the first disc it's hard to compare Baten to Tales.. But certainly I'd go with Baten having less story development which was good in Tales thanks to the skits. And probably less of a storyline too, but from people's posts in this thread it seems the story really kicks in on Disc 2.

But Baten is a very good RPG so far, and the battle system is pretty classy when you get to grips with it.
Fri 06/05/05 at 23:05
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The-IronFlame wrote:
> then there's that 5 second time limit to pick
> cards when you get stronger it seems as though Namco wanted to punish
> us :P

If you can't choose your cards in 5 seconds you're rubbish anyway. The quick fire pace is what makes the battle system so good. It sounds to me like you wanted a non card based system.
Fri 06/05/05 at 22:56
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Stupid Namco... there's so many Tales games, it makes me want to cry. Damn them... most are never released out of Japan, and for those that are... they're PS2 exclusive or whatever.

Makes me sick. :P
Fri 06/05/05 at 22:39
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> I'd say that the characters themselves are excellent, as is the story,
> it's just the voice acting that's a bit iffy.

I though Xehla was bad until I met Lyude and his attempt to sound emotional..
Fri 06/05/05 at 22:38
Regular
You haven't played Tales have you? The problem with the card battle system for certain boss battles is because of the randomness of the cards sometimes you might aswell reset your Cube because you're unlikely to win and then there's that 5 second time limit to pick cards when you get stronger it seems as though Namco wanted to punish us :P
Fri 06/05/05 at 22:29
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I'd say that the characters themselves are excellent, as is the story, it's just the voice acting that's a bit iffy. And Sniper is the only one who's found the battle system annoying.
Fri 06/05/05 at 22:22
Regular
It's good but not quite as good as ToS i've started looking into older RPG's for now since I've almost finished Baten.
Storyline and character developemtn isn't as good but the battle system is enjoyable yet annoying at times although it's much much faster than the one in Skies.
Fri 06/05/05 at 22:21
Regular
"bit of a brain"
According to people who've played both (soon to be me), it holds up very well. It's very different, but still very very god. i really enjoyed it - the battle system is really really good.
Fri 06/05/05 at 20:46
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I can't get into Kaitos. I've tried, but I just cant. You see, I completed Tales Of Symphonia around two days ago (absolutely amazing) and I keep staring at Baten Kaitos... and nothing. I even stuck it in my Gamecube today, watched the intro, and turned it off soon afterwards.

How does it rate against ToS? And I swear to God, I'm going to murder Namco if they don't release Tales of Rebirth on the Gamecube... :/
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.