GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What Would You have Done?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/03/04 at 16:46
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Today my dad found a wallet today containing £400 + a few hundred Euros + Credit Cards and usual wallet stuff. He found it outside a shop so he walked in and with the details in the wallet discovered that it belonged to a regular customer of this shop. So my dad left his details incase the man wanted to thank him or whatever. And about 10 minutes ago, this man calls and thanks him etc.

I started thinking about what I would have done in the same situation as my dad. Would I have gone in the shop and given the wallet in? Would you?
Sat 20/03/04 at 19:44
Regular
"SOUP!"
I'd have pocketed a tenner and given the rest in.

I have a terrible concience that eats away at me if I do immoral things like that.
Sat 20/03/04 at 19:43
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Icaruss wrote:
> Flockhart wrote:
>
> Why the hell am i so bloody angelic? i could have had a dream
> christmas!
>
> Er .... no, it's what you should have done.

yes i know but still it's been in my mind ever since, i think he was mentally disabled, i suppose it made me feel a little better about not taking it, but i could have given a great christmas to the people i love and that is what bother's me.
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Damn Flockhart man if that was me i'd have been celebrating a very merry Christmas :-D
Regular
"Steady, Go!"
Hey, you're new. My names Ready, but I guess you already know that!
Sat 20/03/04 at 19:42
Regular
"Time Up"
I would have returned it because I can't stand being put in the same situation .
Sat 20/03/04 at 19:41
Regular
"Steady, Go!"
Flockhart wrote:
> just before christmas i was at the bank cash machine, waiting for the
> guy in front of me to finish, when he eventually walked off i walked
> up to the machine to see the words "DO YOU WISH TO MAKE ANOTHER
> TRANSACTION" the guy had walked off leaving his card in the
> machine

I wouldn't go that far though!
Sat 20/03/04 at 19:40
Regular
"Steady, Go!"
Your dad sounds very honest, I'm not! i'd have taken the wallet!
Sat 20/03/04 at 19:39
Regular
Flockhart wrote:

> Why the hell am i so bloody angelic? i could have had a dream
> christmas!

Er .... no, it's what you should have done.
Sat 20/03/04 at 19:37
Regular
"Monochromatic"
just before christmas i was at the bank cash machine, waiting for the guy in front of me to finish, when he eventually walked off i walked up to the machine to see the words "DO YOU WISH TO MAKE ANOTHER TRANSACTION" the guy had walked off leaving his card in the machine and me the option to empty his account, i automatically pressed the no button and ran after him with his card.
Why the hell am i so bloody angelic? i could have had a dream christmas!
Sat 20/03/04 at 19:19
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I'd like to be able to say i'd have handed it in and been all goody goody but the truth is i'd have probably picked that wallet up and just kept on walking.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.