GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What Would You have Done?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/03/04 at 16:46
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Today my dad found a wallet today containing £400 + a few hundred Euros + Credit Cards and usual wallet stuff. He found it outside a shop so he walked in and with the details in the wallet discovered that it belonged to a regular customer of this shop. So my dad left his details incase the man wanted to thank him or whatever. And about 10 minutes ago, this man calls and thanks him etc.

I started thinking about what I would have done in the same situation as my dad. Would I have gone in the shop and given the wallet in? Would you?
Sat 20/03/04 at 19:17
Regular
"smile, it's free"
It's difficult to say what I'd have done in that situation.

On one hand, I'd feel REALLY guilty.

On the other hand, £400 is a LOT of money which would really help me out. Plus of course, anyone who carries that sort of money around without constantly being aware of where their wallet is clearly deserves to learn some harsh lessons...

I might have returned it untouched. Or I might have taken the £400 and then put the wallet back where I found it. Probably the former.

If however it had just been a bundle of notes totalling £400 on the floor, then if nobody seemed to be frantically searching for anything nearby I would most likely have kept it.
Sat 20/03/04 at 19:10
Regular
"100% Sonic fan"
I would have took it back,

Im just that sort of person. I beleave that there is a massive chance of us all being freinds with no more crimes, no famine etc.
Sat 20/03/04 at 19:09
Regular
"Plate of glue"
I would have taken the wallet to the police, but take a couple of hundred before hand. Hehehhehe...
Sat 20/03/04 at 19:08
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I would have taken the wallet to the police actually.

You can never be too trustful of shop keepers, and if the wallet goes unclaimed for a certain period of time it legally becomes yours.
Sat 20/03/04 at 17:53
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Yeh they've dropped in price considerably since I got mine 2 christmases ago.
Sat 20/03/04 at 17:52
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Snufkin wrote:
> I bought another multiregional dvd player for 29.99 steal another 4
> pounds and you're pretty much on your way.
Sat 20/03/04 at 17:49
Regular
I bought another multiregional dvd player for 29.99 find another 4 pounds and you're pretty much on your way.
Sat 20/03/04 at 17:48
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Only
Sat 20/03/04 at 17:48
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Lindgren wrote:
> Only?

Sarcasm, luv...I think.
Sat 20/03/04 at 17:47
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Cub!st wrote:
> Unjust Hero wrote:
> Deends if u wanted to repair the £500 DVD-Recorder u threw
> down
> the stairs because u got angry...
>
> I wish. It was only a £250 Multiregion DVD player I kicked off
> the shelve it was on because I was angry.

Only?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.