GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What Would You have Done?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/03/04 at 16:46
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Today my dad found a wallet today containing £400 + a few hundred Euros + Credit Cards and usual wallet stuff. He found it outside a shop so he walked in and with the details in the wallet discovered that it belonged to a regular customer of this shop. So my dad left his details incase the man wanted to thank him or whatever. And about 10 minutes ago, this man calls and thanks him etc.

I started thinking about what I would have done in the same situation as my dad. Would I have gone in the shop and given the wallet in? Would you?
Sat 20/03/04 at 17:46
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Unjust Hero wrote:
> Deends if u wanted to repair the £500 DVD-Recorder u threw down
> the stairs because u got angry...

I wish. It was only a £250 Multiregion DVD player I kicked off the shelve it was on because I was angry.
Sat 20/03/04 at 17:43
Regular
"^_^"
Cub!st wrote:
> Unjust Hero wrote:
> yes, well not all of us are dishoenst spoilt rich boys with no
> morals
> and idiotic principles.
>
> I am more concerned with being called a "spoilt rich boy"
> it may be a little true but would a "spoilt rich boy"
> really need to pick money up off the floor?

Deends if u wanted to repair the £500 DVD-Recorder u threw down the stairs because u got angry...
Sat 20/03/04 at 17:41
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Cub!st wrote:
> Yeh I guess it did but it left his possession and literally fell into
> mine.

Bull-crap.

> And considering possession is nine tenths of the law and he had
> no proof it was his or vice versa

Bull-crap

> I just claimed it as my own without
> giving it a second thought.

True
Sat 20/03/04 at 17:40
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Heheh.
> Morals: £1.99 for 5.

Well he's got his £4, so he has the chance to have all the morals he wants!
Sat 20/03/04 at 17:40
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Yeh I guess it did but it left his possession and literally fell into mine. And considering possession is nine tenths of the law and he had no proof it was his or vice versa I just claimed it as my own without giving it a second thought.
Sat 20/03/04 at 17:39
"period drama"
Heheh.
Morals: £1.99 for 5.
Sat 20/03/04 at 17:39
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Cub!st wrote:
> Know because the car is clearly owned by someone due to the license
> plate.

But the money belonged to someone. You watched him drop it.
Sat 20/03/04 at 17:36
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> just because something is left in a public place, doesn't mean that it
> is 'unowned'. so if someone leaves the keys in their car, and the
> door open, am I allowed to just drive off in it?

No because the car is clearly owned by someone due to the license plate. The cars only fit in one car so that means that they are both owned by somebody so you'd be deliberately taking from someone which I said I was against.
Sat 20/03/04 at 17:36
"period drama"
Feef!
Sat 20/03/04 at 17:35
Regular
sorry but I still find that very bad taking the old mans 4 pounds. You're welcome to do whatever you want of course but that's something I could never do that's just very wrong. What if it was a pregnant woman? Or 7 year old girl?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.