GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSP"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/04/05 at 14:18
Regular
"Steady, Go!"
The PSP release date is constantly changing! My mate wants to get one but he is confused over the release. Apparantly it was supposed to come out on the 18th March, then the 29th april and now Amazon.co.uk says the 24th June! What's going on?!
Wed 20/04/05 at 14:16
Yup, we went to school together before the move.
Wed 20/04/05 at 12:58
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
lcarus wrote:
>Have a US address there so I'll be getting it indirectly. Even after
>the two deliveries it still works out cheaper.

>Won't the amp rating be all wrong? Does the PSP need a bigger
>fuse?

Lucky that you know someone in the US. Just make sure they mark the package down to $20 or less as you will get stung by customs.

The PSP uses an external AC Adaptor that is 110-240v so will work with any power supply in the world, all you need is the correct cable or get an adaptor. I have a Sony Digital Camera and Camcorder and they both use this way and have the correct cable so I didnt need to bother with another cable. Handy if your travelling to the US as you dont need to bother with getting a converter or anything. Also now I have a US cable so I dont need to bother with plug adaptors when I go to the US now.
Wed 20/04/05 at 12:16
Regular
Christ - if only I could use them...

I'm assuming you know someone in the States who can forward the goods on?
Wed 20/04/05 at 11:44
Good stuff. Amazon.com have already shipped most of my order already - was only placed under an hour ago :)
Wed 20/04/05 at 11:24
Regular
Dunno about the amp rating, but it's an AC pack, so poses no threat to the PSP.

It works, that's all I know :D
Wed 20/04/05 at 11:07
amazon.com, they're by far the cheapest.

Have a US address there so I'll be getting it indirectly. Even after the two deliveries it still works out cheaper.

Good to know I don't need one, I'll have to share it with my laptop though.

EDIT: Won't the amp rating be all wrong? Does the PSP need a bigger fuse?
Wed 20/04/05 at 11:03
Regular
You don't need one really.

Just use a Figure8 plug from things like an Xbox etc. Slot it into the PSP charger unit and you're off.

Where did you buy it from? Import Madness chuck in a US-UK adapter anyway.
Wed 20/04/05 at 11:01
Gretsky, Mercury, MGA and Pure.

Do you know where I can get one of those US-UK plug thingys cheaply? I'm sure they're worth less than the £7 on ebay.
Wed 20/04/05 at 10:58
Regular
What games did you go for?
Wed 20/04/05 at 10:57
Guh, finally took the plunge and bought one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.