GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 or a dvd player"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/04/01 at 22:38
Regular
It is my birthday soon and i dont know whether to get either one of these. I have been advised by people like Ant ( Top Bloke). Could anyone advise me.

Thanks GR
Sat 07/04/01 at 15:32
Regular
"I like cheese"
SmokedKipper wrote:
> time_warp wrote:
> hey kipper in wrestlemania ant is makin i am
> jeff hardy and you are
> matt cool huh!!

Meaning?

You and him are teaming up in SRW WrestleMania. Read the card now.
Sat 07/04/01 at 15:24
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
time_warp wrote:
> hey kipper in wrestlemania ant is makin i am jeff hardy and you are
> matt cool huh!!

Meaning?
Sat 07/04/01 at 14:46
Regular
"I like cheese"
The DVD player is pretty good on mine, and the picture quality is great (a lot better than VHS).

Anyway, Pagey, shush.
Sat 07/04/01 at 14:42
Regular
"You've upset me"
happy birthday for next week (errrr is that right?!)
Sat 07/04/01 at 14:39
got my ps2 today everyone with ZOE but cannot use it for 1 week :< but hey thanks for your opinion. If the dvd stuff is crap i will just get a dvd player

Thanks all

Cant wait to play zoe and mgs2 demo
Sat 07/04/01 at 14:33
hey kipper in wrestlemania ant is makin i am jeff hardy and you are matt cool huh!!
Sat 07/04/01 at 14:31
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
You sound like you want a PS2 so get one. However if you're being swayed towards it by its DVD capabilities then forget it. Not only will you be left with a picture quality which is barely average, even by budget player standards, you'll also be stuck with playing Region 2 only discs.

This means you'll often have to settle for fewer extras on your DVDs and have to wait months extra for them.

The Emperors New Groove still at the cinema here? It'll be dropping through my letterbox 3 weeks from Monday.
Sat 07/04/01 at 14:09
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
If you want games and DVD then get a Dreamcast and a DVD player. You'll save yourself £50 if you do this instead of buying a PS2 and you'll get better games and better DVD playback. I have a DC and a DVD player and they both ROCK!
Sat 07/04/01 at 13:13
Regular
"I like cheese"
Thanks for the comment, GR.

But I'm a top Ant, not a top bloke. {;)
Sat 07/04/01 at 12:48
Regular
"You've upset me"
lol

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.