GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube - V - Xbox - V - PlayStation 2"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/03/04 at 21:28
Regular
": ("
Seriously, this isn't one of those post where they just post it in becuase its such a common question.I really wanna know which console out of them three is the best, i dont wanna answer like " Well, the Xbox is good because of its online and the PS2 is good becuase.....blah blah blah" i just wanna know which one is the best overall, please, i really wanna know before i choose the wrong one, many thanks.
Wed 03/03/04 at 14:08
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> You rmissing the point though, as a games console the Cube is leagues
> ahead of the rest. All the PS2 offers outside of a few decent
> exclusive titles is a huge back log of crap titles, a poor DVD player
> and a novelty feature to play PSONE games. How many people actually
> use the PSONE feature is anyones guess.

I've had my PS2 for around a couple of years now I think. In that time, how many of my old PSOne games have I played on it?
Zero.

Come to think of it though, I've hardly bought a PS2 game in the last year either, as there's not been much of note released. The last game I got was PES, then before that it was GT: Concept (because it was cheap) and SOS The Final Escape, and then The Getaway on the day it was released, which was released AGES ago (Christmas 2002?). So, I've got 4 PS2 games in the last 14 or so months. Not much else has really interested me, and only GTA: San Andreas is the only other title I'm really looking foward to.

But it's really down to personal opinion. Although I've not bought many PS2 games because the majority are cack/better on other systems, other people have bought plenty of titles and enjoyed them.
Wed 03/03/04 at 14:09
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
PES = PES3
Wed 03/03/04 at 14:20
Regular
"Bicycle"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Thats why you can get them on the PC to play, most people have a PC
> and they aren't spec hogs.

I play them on the PS2, simply because it's where I play my games. I don't want to load up my computer just to play FF when I have a PS2 next to me. And I had a PSone, I had FFVI, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX. I don't want to go shell out some more so I can play it on my computer. Why would I?
Wed 03/03/04 at 14:28
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Thats why you can get them on the PC to play, most people have a PC
> and they aren't spec hogs.

But they're not as good on PC - and you can only get VII and VIII anyway (and XI) - VII only just works with Windows XP and does VIII (both require fan made patches to work) and on future OS's they may not work at all, Then you have to configure a pad for them, they just don't play right.

Whereas the PSone version you just put the disc in, and play, no problems and you'll be able to play it on PS3 as well, and probably beyond.
Wed 03/03/04 at 14:31
Regular
"Bicycle"
Exactly.
Wed 03/03/04 at 14:38
Regular
"Moody DJ"
Ugh. The best console is the one which has all the games YOU want to play on it.
Wed 03/03/04 at 14:44
Regular
"Bicycle"
Indeed!

But a lot games are going Multi-Platform.

If you want the best games, get an SP.
Wed 03/03/04 at 14:50
Regular
Not as good on PC? I would like to know who said that as every article I have read states otherwise.

My point that it is a gimmick feature that very few people use and its hardly something you would use as a deciding factor when buying a console.
Wed 03/03/04 at 14:52
Regular
"Moody DJ"
Luckily I have one of them too!

This entire 'which console is the best' debate is endless, its almost as futile as trying to convince a hardcore indie kid that tech-house is in fact the future of music. All down to personal preference. Most fights break down into chucking machine specs at each other in the end too.
Wed 03/03/04 at 15:06
Regular
"You fail in life!"
Playstation 2 is best by far, nintendo are slowly dying a horrific death and microsoft are a bunch of money grabbing a-holes, Sony all the way, I would die for them!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.