GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"World's Greatest Console"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 28/02/04 at 17:13
Regular
"Up your Arsenal!!"
Which console do you think is the best?I'd say PS2!
Mon 29/03/04 at 10:07
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
I think they are useful, because they are small and easy to handle, but often the sound, vision and gameplay is limited. The next one with two screens should hopefully change all that.
Mon 29/03/04 at 14:32
Regular
"Time Up"
Dakarus Joe wrote:
> You are so stupid mate.
>
> 1- There was a new version of the dreamcast called a treamcast which
> was not for piracy but was a DC with a screen like thet GC today and
> was not for piracy.
>
> 2- The piracy was harming play station due to a company called bleam
> who made PS game and converted them to DC but only 3 were made.
>
> 3- Must..quote....all..of..mess...age. *Dies*
Hell, I'm not talking about the treamcast, I'm talking about an official console released by sega, I'll look for the name and I'll tell you about it just give me some time.
Mon 29/03/04 at 14:35
Regular
"Time Up"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Cusack, I know what I'm talking about.
>
> Further to Darkarus Joe: the Treamcast was an illegal console, not
> actually produced by Sega and was removed from sale quickly.
>
> Also whilst there were bleemcasts for Tekken, MGS and I can't
> remember the other one, there was a version that was good for all PS
> games, but was more expensive.
Piracy was more harmful for the Dreamcast than it was to ps1 because Sega used to publish all of it's games so it would be the only one to be harmed while Sony depends on third party game publishers so Konami published their own games, EA published their own games, Capcom published their own games, etc...,
Mon 29/03/04 at 16:07
"I love yo... lamp."
No, there were other publishers on the Dreamcast as well.

Off the top of my head I can remember

Midway
Acclaim
Konami
Infogrames
Mon 29/03/04 at 20:52
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Crave as well im looking at my aerowings right now. Mr Biggles you should know how do you land a plane?!
Tue 30/03/04 at 00:19
"I love yo... lamp."
Aim down, accelerate, close your eyes, pray.
Tue 30/03/04 at 11:05
Regular
"Time Up"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> No, there were other publishers on the Dreamcast as well.
>
> Off the top of my head I can remember
>
> Midway
> Acclaim
> Konami
> Infogrames
You are saying it like if these company were useful for the dreamcast. All the great games of the dreamcast were released by Sega like Sonic and Shenmue, while the companies you mentioned were more useful for Sony.
Tue 30/03/04 at 13:55
"I love yo... lamp."
They were useful for the Dreamcast though! Those publishers were behind some absolutely classic games. Every game sold on the Dreamcast benefitted Sega, it made them money on the royalties. The more different games released on the Dreamcast meant that there were more reasons for buying one.

There will have been people who bought a DC because of a game released by another publisher.
Tue 30/03/04 at 14:03
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
My favourite console is the Megadrive. It may not necessarily be the greatest but it's my personal favourite.

I remember back when the Megadrive was first released and the first time I saw it in action. I was round a friends house and we were going to play football in his back garden. I went round and he was playing on the Megadrive. Who would have thought that little spiky blue hedgehog would feature so heavily in my life...

After just viewing it, I was hooked. I had to get one for myself. It was everything you could have wanted. I had never used a joypad before because all I had at that point was a Spectrum. It was easy to pick up and play, it was just magical. It was one of those gaming moments that live on when everything else fades.

I got myself a Megadrive with Sonic and the world around me disappeared. Hours drifted by without my knowledge and for that brief moment, everything bad that had happened to me had been forgotten, until I turned the console off. I had become immersed in a new adventure.

Well, it was inevitable that I would get more games for it. Such classics like Super Monaco, Ecco, Road Rash and Micro Machines solidified the Megadrive at the top of my playlist. I still play it today even though I have bought other consoles and other games.

So, there you have it. The Megadrive is my sentimental favourite and holds a special place in my room to this day. It may not be everyone's favourite but it's mine and that's all that matters to me.
Tue 30/03/04 at 14:20
Regular
"Time Up"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> They were useful for the Dreamcast though! Those publishers were
> behind some absolutely classic games. Every game sold on the
> Dreamcast benefitted Sega, it made them money on the royalties. The
> more different games released on the Dreamcast meant that there were
> more reasons for buying one.
>
> There will have been people who bought a DC because of a game
> released by another publisher.
Tell me one good game released by konami released by konami for dc that can be compared to mgs, or a game from squaresoft that can be compared to Final Fantasy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.