GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The great gameaday depression!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/04/01 at 18:03
Regular
In my opinion, Gameaday is losing it's greatness it once had!

We used to have plenty of great discussions about virtually all aspects of gaming and the pieces of writing from most members was quality!

Now when there's even the thought of a female member, you are all sad enough to go drooling!

The months before christmas we had excellent standards for prize winners, most of those who won deserved to, those who didn't deserve to cheated, so it was there own fault if there prize wasn't sent to them.

Now I find that there are too many forums! In the games forums, sometimes we only get one post per game out of the games which have messages posted recently. This shows a lack of interest by the users.

The cheats site has always been poor. Most of the cheats don't work and have never been tested, which shows they were just copied out of a magazine or another cheats site.

The reviews that have been awarded, have been reviews of brand new games! And although this is good for Special Reserve as when people read these reviews, they are very likely to buy that game, it's not fair for those who can't afford these games even though the prices are generally cheaper here.

The worst part of this deprovement of the site is the members! It's mostly the newbies who are winning again! People keep changing their names, people are allowed to make insulting comments as long as they don't use too strong language, and some members are just idiots!

I have not named any of the members who make me feel that the site's quality is degrading cos it's not fair on them, but I do feel that it's time things were changed!
Wed 04/04/01 at 08:48
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Hear Hear.

Well said sir.
Wed 04/04/01 at 08:45
Regular
I wasnt here in the "golden age" before christmas so i dont know what it was like. But surely by now, all of the original topics have already been done at some point. It's inevitable that sooner or later everything will be covered.

Just before christmas you all the new PS2 to discuss, what is there at the moment? It wont start getting interesting on here until the release of something big, possibly the GBA, more likely the 'Cube or the X.

Since i've been posting on here, about a month, things have gone down a bit. But that was only when we get idiots like NIS and mini marc posting utter rubbish. I'd like to think that people like myself and Tarrant did post cr@p like that!

Moving on to the GAD thing, maybe SR is trying to enocourage newbies to stay to bring something new to the fourms? It seems not to be working as Grix says every newbie that wins then leaves, so obviously something else must be done.

As you seem to be whinging about it so much Edgy, suggest a way to make these forums better again.
Wed 04/04/01 at 08:31
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Sniper...

Why the stoic one liners?
Are you trying for a life of meditation and sincerity?
I detect a note of unhappiness deep within you and this troubles me.

Instead of whining about how newbies always win and it isn't fair and blah blah blah, write more/better/interesting things and hope.

I'm not a newbie and it's rare that I even try to write anything deep and interesting, the rest of the time it's innuendo and bad puns - simply because I'm at work during the day and it lightens my hours.
But when I check the gameaday winners and read their posts, they 9/10 are good and, here's the whole point, something that the SR guys think should win.

Sure, I've won a couple times and been pleased, but I've also posted "good" posts and seen something else win, but then it's not down to me.

Although I do agree with the name change thing - to use more than one identity seems a tad greedy and, if nothing else, pointless as it's the standard of post and not the frequency that dictates a "win"

What am I blathering on about?

Time to dream of spanking my free monkey.
Tue 03/04/01 at 19:47
Regular
We know.
Tue 03/04/01 at 19:00
Regular
Monkey With Attitude about the gameboy advance is one I can remember for definate!

I know it's happened loads of times before though!
Tue 03/04/01 at 18:58
Regular
It's the newbies that don't know.
Tue 03/04/01 at 18:56
Regular
Where have regulars repeated old topics Edgy?
Tue 03/04/01 at 18:56
Regular
I am calm.

I was just stating my opinion!

Tue 03/04/01 at 18:54
Regular
Edgy calm down.
Tue 03/04/01 at 18:52
Regular
Already asked Ali that in a email... :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.