GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The great gameaday depression!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/04/01 at 18:03
Regular
In my opinion, Gameaday is losing it's greatness it once had!

We used to have plenty of great discussions about virtually all aspects of gaming and the pieces of writing from most members was quality!

Now when there's even the thought of a female member, you are all sad enough to go drooling!

The months before christmas we had excellent standards for prize winners, most of those who won deserved to, those who didn't deserve to cheated, so it was there own fault if there prize wasn't sent to them.

Now I find that there are too many forums! In the games forums, sometimes we only get one post per game out of the games which have messages posted recently. This shows a lack of interest by the users.

The cheats site has always been poor. Most of the cheats don't work and have never been tested, which shows they were just copied out of a magazine or another cheats site.

The reviews that have been awarded, have been reviews of brand new games! And although this is good for Special Reserve as when people read these reviews, they are very likely to buy that game, it's not fair for those who can't afford these games even though the prices are generally cheaper here.

The worst part of this deprovement of the site is the members! It's mostly the newbies who are winning again! People keep changing their names, people are allowed to make insulting comments as long as they don't use too strong language, and some members are just idiots!

I have not named any of the members who make me feel that the site's quality is degrading cos it's not fair on them, but I do feel that it's time things were changed!
Wed 04/04/01 at 20:13
lets make a promise to keep gameaday sweet to only talk about cr@p in one topic and start talking about real gaming in all of the others starting....now!
Wed 04/04/01 at 20:11
Regular
I know it's crap......and all the topics are old carbon copy's.
Wed 04/04/01 at 20:10
every time you try to talk gaming someone talks about cr@p all!
Wed 04/04/01 at 20:07
Regular
Meka, you said I'm moaning cos I haven't won for ages.

Well I don't need to win!

I've got enough games to last me a lifetime!

If I ever win again then great! If I don't, never mind!

As one of the longest going regulars (not THE longest though) I've seen this board change so many times!

It was much better when there wasn't a forum for every game but just for the very popular games!

Wed 04/04/01 at 17:04
Regular
:-)
Wed 04/04/01 at 17:02
Regular
"You've upset me"
We do?

**Prodded very hard in the side by Tony, notices the implement doing the prodding is an AK47**

Oh yeah we do, very much Sniper.

Wed 04/04/01 at 16:56
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Sniper

We appreciate you, honest.

Be happy
Wed 04/04/01 at 16:50
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Goatboy wrote:
But you can tell the posts designed to win, not that
> there's anything wrong with them, but like you say, to then bleat
> about "Why didn't I win?" is amusing.

To the people that whinge and complain by saying "why didn't I win", i suggest that you actually read the person who won that day.

When i got a little down when i didn't win, I looked at the person that did win, and I thought the post was way better than mine, and I even improved on a thing or two by reading his post.

Just an idea...

Wed 04/04/01 at 16:14
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Quite frankly, I agree with all of you.
Wed 04/04/01 at 15:39
Regular
"You've upset me"
SNIPER wrote:
> Rasta leve me alone and my opinion is no grudges against people,
> anyone can win, reviews of games not out shouldn't be rewarded we
> need in depth reviews of their own views not views from other sites
> and cheats should be rewarded for a large amount put into the DB.

errrrr, can someone translate that into english?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.