GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The great gameaday depression!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/04/01 at 18:03
Regular
In my opinion, Gameaday is losing it's greatness it once had!

We used to have plenty of great discussions about virtually all aspects of gaming and the pieces of writing from most members was quality!

Now when there's even the thought of a female member, you are all sad enough to go drooling!

The months before christmas we had excellent standards for prize winners, most of those who won deserved to, those who didn't deserve to cheated, so it was there own fault if there prize wasn't sent to them.

Now I find that there are too many forums! In the games forums, sometimes we only get one post per game out of the games which have messages posted recently. This shows a lack of interest by the users.

The cheats site has always been poor. Most of the cheats don't work and have never been tested, which shows they were just copied out of a magazine or another cheats site.

The reviews that have been awarded, have been reviews of brand new games! And although this is good for Special Reserve as when people read these reviews, they are very likely to buy that game, it's not fair for those who can't afford these games even though the prices are generally cheaper here.

The worst part of this deprovement of the site is the members! It's mostly the newbies who are winning again! People keep changing their names, people are allowed to make insulting comments as long as they don't use too strong language, and some members are just idiots!

I have not named any of the members who make me feel that the site's quality is degrading cos it's not fair on them, but I do feel that it's time things were changed!
Wed 04/04/01 at 20:36
Regular
Nevemind my child, you will....
Wed 04/04/01 at 20:35
never thought about it.
Wed 04/04/01 at 20:32
Regular
Why does everybody go on about material things like winning? Do people not realise that life is nothing more than a spiritual journey, we can take nothing material with us when we pass from this world.

Life is about being able to make your own decisions, choosing the path that you wish to take. Life is NOT about winning some game, and its definately not about moaning if you dont!

I think some people on here need to realise this fact, come to terms with it. I think when they do, they will feel their soul rise up within themselves.

Heaven forbid they should go a step further and help their fellow man (or woman)! Helping another is not a travesty as some people seem to see it. I feel that helping a fellow gives the greatest pleasure it is possible to feel while still bound to this world, before we are released from these ties, these bonds that hold us here in this horrible place.

When you leave this earth, would it not harmonise your soul to know tha you have done some good?
Wed 04/04/01 at 20:29
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I will admit I left for a while because I found it boring and things being repeated, but I am back now and its fun!

Wed 04/04/01 at 20:28
Regular
SHEEPY wrote:
> Stop your moaing! You either want to win again or hold a grudge
> because you have not won! I am sure you don't moan when you
> win!

Think about it, A site gives away a game and film a day for
> free for just posting in forums, people take the time to look
> through lots of posts to find winner so stop moaning!

And I am
> not sucking up!

POWER OF THE SHEEP

I don't come on here to win, I admit I used to, and I was happy I won, but if people spend days, weeks or even months on here trying to win, they must be very sad people!
Wed 04/04/01 at 20:27
to tony. rhino was here a while ago on april gameaday prize
Wed 04/04/01 at 20:26
Regular
"Excommunicated"
None taken! I am actually insane, well my family and friends tell me anyway!
Wed 04/04/01 at 20:26
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
What happened to Goldy?

It take a lot to stop a Rhino.
Wed 04/04/01 at 20:23
i have seen everything now a golden rhino + a slightly mad sheep (no offence) and i am not moaning i come on here as it is the best forum on the web.
Wed 04/04/01 at 20:20
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Stop your moaing! You either want to win again or hold a grudge because you have not won! I am sure you don't moan when you win!

Think about it, A site gives away a game and film a day for free for just posting in forums, people take the time to look through lots of posts to find winner so stop moaning!

And I am not sucking up!

POWER OF THE SHEEP

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.