GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The great gameaday depression!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/04/01 at 18:03
Regular
In my opinion, Gameaday is losing it's greatness it once had!

We used to have plenty of great discussions about virtually all aspects of gaming and the pieces of writing from most members was quality!

Now when there's even the thought of a female member, you are all sad enough to go drooling!

The months before christmas we had excellent standards for prize winners, most of those who won deserved to, those who didn't deserve to cheated, so it was there own fault if there prize wasn't sent to them.

Now I find that there are too many forums! In the games forums, sometimes we only get one post per game out of the games which have messages posted recently. This shows a lack of interest by the users.

The cheats site has always been poor. Most of the cheats don't work and have never been tested, which shows they were just copied out of a magazine or another cheats site.

The reviews that have been awarded, have been reviews of brand new games! And although this is good for Special Reserve as when people read these reviews, they are very likely to buy that game, it's not fair for those who can't afford these games even though the prices are generally cheaper here.

The worst part of this deprovement of the site is the members! It's mostly the newbies who are winning again! People keep changing their names, people are allowed to make insulting comments as long as they don't use too strong language, and some members are just idiots!

I have not named any of the members who make me feel that the site's quality is degrading cos it's not fair on them, but I do feel that it's time things were changed!
Tue 03/04/01 at 18:03
Regular
In my opinion, Gameaday is losing it's greatness it once had!

We used to have plenty of great discussions about virtually all aspects of gaming and the pieces of writing from most members was quality!

Now when there's even the thought of a female member, you are all sad enough to go drooling!

The months before christmas we had excellent standards for prize winners, most of those who won deserved to, those who didn't deserve to cheated, so it was there own fault if there prize wasn't sent to them.

Now I find that there are too many forums! In the games forums, sometimes we only get one post per game out of the games which have messages posted recently. This shows a lack of interest by the users.

The cheats site has always been poor. Most of the cheats don't work and have never been tested, which shows they were just copied out of a magazine or another cheats site.

The reviews that have been awarded, have been reviews of brand new games! And although this is good for Special Reserve as when people read these reviews, they are very likely to buy that game, it's not fair for those who can't afford these games even though the prices are generally cheaper here.

The worst part of this deprovement of the site is the members! It's mostly the newbies who are winning again! People keep changing their names, people are allowed to make insulting comments as long as they don't use too strong language, and some members are just idiots!

I have not named any of the members who make me feel that the site's quality is degrading cos it's not fair on them, but I do feel that it's time things were changed!
Tue 03/04/01 at 18:17
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Maybe it's time they brought in Moderators, but SR has always trusted us in the past to moderate our own posts, and most of us do that as you know.

We were discussing an age limit on MSN earlier, but then that would exclude many opinions, which would be a bad thing.

Personally, if a topic goes 'off topic' I try to steer it back, trashing a good post is not something I like to do. (Trashing a bad post we all enjoy :-) ).

What is your solution?
Tue 03/04/01 at 18:26
Regular
I thought usually giving a game to newbies got rid of them... but it hasn't been working that well recently.

And we can blame you Edgy, for bringing loads of them in... ;0)
Tue 03/04/01 at 18:28
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
You ever wondered why they keep giving you games, Grix?

heh :-)

Caught you there, bit like Solid Snake in a bear trap.
With a bear. :-)
Tue 03/04/01 at 18:51
Regular
I also find the repetition of old messages, posted again by regulars, is very annoying!

I can understand if newbies re-post old topics cos they haven't seen them before.
Tue 03/04/01 at 18:52
Regular
Already asked Ali that in a email... :)
Tue 03/04/01 at 18:54
Regular
Edgy calm down.
Tue 03/04/01 at 18:56
Regular
I am calm.

I was just stating my opinion!

Tue 03/04/01 at 18:56
Regular
Where have regulars repeated old topics Edgy?
Tue 03/04/01 at 18:58
Regular
It's the newbies that don't know.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.