GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Being Alone"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/02/04 at 20:13
Regular
Do you get the recurring feeling you are alone in the universe - that no-one, despite what they say, understands your point of view and outlook? That despite the fact that you have many friends and aquaintances, you have lovers or family, you are isolated from the rest of the human race in your beliefs, aspirations, dreams, hopes and needs?

Do you ever feel that your thoughts and actions are meaningless - that anything you say or do will have no effect on the way things are in the grand scheme of things? That things will remain the same, that one day/week will morph into another, consisting of things unimportant enough to forget, yet prominent enough to prompt you to yearn for more?

A song I forget the name of illustrates this beautifully :

"Nothing ever happens, nothing happens at all, the record returns to the start of the song, and we all dance along like before ...."

Ever feel you are stuck - that although your life will change in many ways, it will never really challenge or stimulate your intellect in the way it did when everything was new to you, when you were younger. When innocence dictated that you had a totally different impression of the world, and you had an almost unlimited amount of experiences to look forward to.

Homer Simpson said it well : "I used to believe in stuff too, til the weight of the world crushed my tender spirit"

This may read like something written by someone who is depressed, I can't comment on that, I am no psychiatrist. I certainly don't feel depressed, just bored and mentally unstimulated. I am just interested to know if this is a general feeling, whether there is something I am missing. My aspirations seem far more mundane than they did years ago. Things I am supposedly working toward/for are no longer as important to me. I feel that there must be something more to life than working 40 hours a week, then spending a couple of days pursuing hobbies, watching films, playing games, or talking complete bo**ocks to friends for hours and hours while killing brain cells with alcohol. It's lost its magic, it isn't new to me anymore. Such actions are meaningless - they serve no purpose other than to kill time. It seems such a waste.

What else is there, really?
Thu 26/02/04 at 19:29
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Don't say I didn't warn you, NY. You will now be trapped in his underground sugar-cave and made to perform unthinkable tasks whilst wearing a two-piece leather swimsuit.
Thu 26/02/04 at 19:01
Regular
"cachoo"
Flockhart wrote:
> It's a trap!
>
> RUN!
>
> she didnt bother

tutututut.. I just have! I went offline more or less after I posted that post! :p
Thu 26/02/04 at 18:39
Regular
Jon Y The Sly wrote:
> I dunno, but what are you selling!

eternal happiness, just give me your credit card number.
Thu 26/02/04 at 17:01
Regular
"2 WHEELS ONLY"
I dunno, but what are you selling!
Thu 26/02/04 at 16:52
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Actually I concur, i had a sh!tty time last weekend and felt horribly friendless going back to work on Monday, convinced I was going to stay in this weekend. This morning a song popped into my head and made me start thinking "well I should go out anyway, it might not be as bad as you think".

Not now though.
Thu 26/02/04 at 16:43
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Now, today I'm feeling down.

Alone physically and emotianlly, but not reayy depressed. Music cheers me up no end, more so than just taking my mind off things.

But it's odd how one changes so fast, from such small things...

But I've learnt from the past.
Thu 26/02/04 at 16:35
Regular
"Monochromatic"
English_Bloke wrote:
> Flockhart wrote:
> msn me and i'll tell you
> [email protected]
>
> It's a trap!
>
> RUN!

she didnt bother
Thu 26/02/04 at 16:21
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Flockhart wrote:
> msn me and i'll tell you
> [email protected]

It's a trap!

RUN!
Thu 26/02/04 at 16:10
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Hahahaha! I started reading this post thinking, hmmmmm... this guys gone off on one - what's this about the universe?

Then he quotes a lyric from a Del Amitri song to illustrate his point!

HAHAHAHAHA!
Thu 26/02/04 at 13:41
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Ms NY wrote:
> Flockhart wrote:
> i faced death and i won the battle, but i will eventually lose the
> war, as will you all.
>
> If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean you faced death? What
> happened?
> .. Strong boy.. :)
msn me and i'll tell you
[email protected]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.