GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's your recent DVD purchase?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/02/04 at 19:47
Regular
Before DVDs came along there was VHS. I never bought a single movie on VHS, my brother only bought 3 (SE Star Wars) and my younger brother about 10 (a mix of 80ies films like Planes, Trains & Automobiles and Red Dwarf).

But now we seem to buy DVDs all the time, collectively we have just under 200 DVDs now and we buy atleast 1 DVD a week as a family. (we used to rent a lot but we dont anymore and the nearest cinema is 30 minutes drive away). I guess it is good news for the television and film industries. Anyone else noticed that they're buying more DVDs than they did VHS?

My recent DVD purchase was Donnie Darko Prism Edition. At a very nice price of £4.99 to encourage those who wouldnt have bought the film otherwise, despite having no special features. It's a very interesting and unusual film nothing like I've seen before.

I also pre-ordered a DVD boxset. Most of you are too young and would probably confuse it with the awful Matt LeBanc movie that came out years ago. It's the Lost In Space Series 1 boxset. 8 DVDs, 31 episodes, a collective running time of 23 hours and 42 minutes (possible marathon attempt?) At a nice price of £39.99 "DANGER! DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!"

Anyone else buy anything on DVD lately?
Page:
Fri 20/02/04 at 12:00
Regular
"One More Chance"
I've just won Wild Things off eBay for the bargain price of £3.99. Mainly got it for *that* scene.
Fri 20/02/04 at 11:26
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Most recently?

Evil Dead 2 (upgrade from video)
Saving Private Ryan (upgrade from video)
Natural Born Killers (uncut directors edition. Present for girlfrind. Not one of my favortive movies)

All in one purchase.
Fri 20/02/04 at 11:20
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Animatrix, most recently
Fri 20/02/04 at 11:16
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
bought bad boys, bad boys 2, L.A confidential, jeepers creepers 2 and starship troopers all of amazon. Bad boys 2 hasnt come yet but bad boys the first one is brill, L.A confidential is great, Starship troopers is a lush action film and jeepers creepers two is p!ss poor!

and i strongly recomend the Indi box set...
Fri 20/02/04 at 07:36
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> My R1 Commando arrived today. Before you say anything, I love it for
> its comedy value. Nobody can take THAT film seriously.
>
> So many classic lines ("You're a funny guy, that's why I'm going
> to kill you last"), so many dodgy effects (cardboard cut out
> soldiers by the buildings, and the arm being lopped off by Arnie
> which is cut out in the R2 version) so many film mistakes (battered
> yellow car repairs itself) it's truly an amazing film.
>
> a) it was cheap and b) I needed an R1 disc to test my DVD player
>
> Go Arnie!

I fully agree. I'm in stitches every time I see it.
Fri 20/02/04 at 00:22
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
(Just in case Tilta reads this: Get on MSN)
Fri 20/02/04 at 00:21
Regular
Been buying quite a lot of DVD's recently.

Got the Back to the Future Trilogy and Saving Private Ryan in the post this morning. Also bought The Patriot, The Green Mile and Xmen 1+2 special edition boxset on Ebay the earlier today.
Thu 19/02/04 at 23:37
Haha, no wonder the average student debt is rising
Thu 19/02/04 at 23:35
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
The last ones I've bought were Con Air, good will hunting and High Fidelity in a 3 for £20.

I've had to cut down on buying DVD's. No job means no money and I need to keep the student loan for next year (Or because I'm going to Vegas)

:0)
Thu 19/02/04 at 23:00
Regular
"That's right!"
My R1 Commando arrived today. Before you say anything, I love it for its comedy value. Nobody can take THAT film seriously.

So many classic lines ("You're a funny guy, that's why I'm going to kill you last"), so many dodgy effects (cardboard cut out soldiers by the buildings, and the arm being lopped off by Arnie which is cut out in the R2 version) so many film mistakes (battered yellow car repairs itself) it's truly an amazing film.

a) it was cheap and b) I needed an R1 disc to test my DVD player

Go Arnie!
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.