GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's your recent DVD purchase?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/02/04 at 19:47
Regular
Before DVDs came along there was VHS. I never bought a single movie on VHS, my brother only bought 3 (SE Star Wars) and my younger brother about 10 (a mix of 80ies films like Planes, Trains & Automobiles and Red Dwarf).

But now we seem to buy DVDs all the time, collectively we have just under 200 DVDs now and we buy atleast 1 DVD a week as a family. (we used to rent a lot but we dont anymore and the nearest cinema is 30 minutes drive away). I guess it is good news for the television and film industries. Anyone else noticed that they're buying more DVDs than they did VHS?

My recent DVD purchase was Donnie Darko Prism Edition. At a very nice price of £4.99 to encourage those who wouldnt have bought the film otherwise, despite having no special features. It's a very interesting and unusual film nothing like I've seen before.

I also pre-ordered a DVD boxset. Most of you are too young and would probably confuse it with the awful Matt LeBanc movie that came out years ago. It's the Lost In Space Series 1 boxset. 8 DVDs, 31 episodes, a collective running time of 23 hours and 42 minutes (possible marathon attempt?) At a nice price of £39.99 "DANGER! DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!"

Anyone else buy anything on DVD lately?
Page:
Fri 20/02/04 at 17:05
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
LOEG 2 Disc set or one? Get the 2 Disc set. You get what you pay for so don't be stindgy and go for the bare minimum with nothing but the movie.
Fri 20/02/04 at 16:57
Regular
"Whatever!"
I recently completed my Futurama collection with the final season on DVD last week. This week I purchased Stephen King's Dreamcatcher and I may pop into town tomorrow to get The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
Fri 20/02/04 at 15:15
Regular
"[UA] HAHA poo pants"
Just watched Underworld on DVD, well an hour of it then turned it off, that film is so rubbish.

Also got Tears of the sun and League of extroidanry gentlemen today.
Fri 20/02/04 at 14:46
Regular
"Teal'c"
DS9 series 3.

:(
Fri 20/02/04 at 14:01
Regular
"Notable"
Aha.
Fri 20/02/04 at 14:00
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Ju§t Tinkª wrote:
> I know. Did you see the bit were the killer whales are
> "playing" with the seals??
>
> Now that is twisted.

yeah I think they had been watching too many dairylee dunkers ads!
Fri 20/02/04 at 12:56
Regular
"Notable"
I know. Did you see the bit were the killer whales are "playing" with the seals??

Now that is twisted.
Fri 20/02/04 at 12:52
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Ju§t Tinkª wrote:
> Eeee. *Throws up*
>
> My next purchase will be either the blue planet box set or the hills
> have eyes.

Ive got that box set! my dad bought it for us for crimbo and i totally dismissed it at first as being a boring wildlife documenatry but it was actually pretty good!

it was well interesting how they spent ages trying to find a blue whale and get it on tape.

good stuff!
Fri 20/02/04 at 12:25
Regular
Finally got around to ordering them;

Red Dwarf Series 1
Red Dwarf Series 2
Red Dwarf Series 3
Red Dwarf Series 4

For a total of £55.96, 24 episodes, half a days viewing pleasure and a smeg load of extras. Such a great show :)
Fri 20/02/04 at 12:02
Regular
"Notable"
Eeee. *Throws up*

My next purchase will be either the blue planet box set or the hills have eyes.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.