GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's your recent DVD purchase?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/02/04 at 19:47
Regular
Before DVDs came along there was VHS. I never bought a single movie on VHS, my brother only bought 3 (SE Star Wars) and my younger brother about 10 (a mix of 80ies films like Planes, Trains & Automobiles and Red Dwarf).

But now we seem to buy DVDs all the time, collectively we have just under 200 DVDs now and we buy atleast 1 DVD a week as a family. (we used to rent a lot but we dont anymore and the nearest cinema is 30 minutes drive away). I guess it is good news for the television and film industries. Anyone else noticed that they're buying more DVDs than they did VHS?

My recent DVD purchase was Donnie Darko Prism Edition. At a very nice price of £4.99 to encourage those who wouldnt have bought the film otherwise, despite having no special features. It's a very interesting and unusual film nothing like I've seen before.

I also pre-ordered a DVD boxset. Most of you are too young and would probably confuse it with the awful Matt LeBanc movie that came out years ago. It's the Lost In Space Series 1 boxset. 8 DVDs, 31 episodes, a collective running time of 23 hours and 42 minutes (possible marathon attempt?) At a nice price of £39.99 "DANGER! DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!"

Anyone else buy anything on DVD lately?
Page:
Sat 21/02/04 at 14:04
Regular
"www.360volts.tk"
yup i am buying loads of dvds way more than vhs i resently got the last in the second part of american pie after getting american pie 3 next i need number one which buy the time iget round to buyig it will be like 5 quid hehhe way cool.
Sat 21/02/04 at 13:43
"I love yo... lamp."
I used to buy a lot of videos. I kind of got bored and never started buying them all on DVD instead. However I did buy Police Story and Ocean's Eleven last week.

Police Story is so awful, but the moves are good. Excellent!
Sat 21/02/04 at 13:10
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Yeah im buying more dvd's than VHS. I never bought a VHS in my life..

Im going out to buy more dvd's again today :o)

I think its because of the quality, and the extras, and the scene skippage.

The extras are cool.
Sat 21/02/04 at 10:43
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Cub!st wrote:
> LOEG 2 Disc set or one? Get the 2 Disc set. You get what you pay for
> so don't be stindgy and go for the bare minimum with nothing but the
> movie.

Dear lord what an appalling movie LOEG is. I've seen it four times now, *trying* to like it (one pirated version, twice flying to the states and once yesterday), but failing each time. I'm a massive fan of the graphic novels, and they MUTILATED the excellent source material.

Quick note, did you twig on that the bad guy was Moriarty, of Sherlock Holmes fame? It was a throwaway line in the movie.

Links to the books: -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/ (space) 1840233028/qid=1077359903/sr=1-1/ (space) ref=sr_1_11_1/202-0891321-2890248

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/ (space) 184023668X/qid=1077359903/sr=1-2/ (space) ref=sr_1_11_2/202-0891321-2890248

If you like the movie, splash out of the GN's to see how it should have been done. You'll enjoy them, I promise.
Sat 21/02/04 at 10:32
Regular
I've recently bought The Bridge on the River Kwai, one hell of a movie.
Fri 20/02/04 at 23:43
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> I love extras. Trailers, (interesting) documentaries, deleted scenes,
> commentaries. Some DVDs have hours of footage which is absolute
> tripe, but a few manage to have some really great extras.

Agreed. I enjoy deleted scenes, outtakes, documentaries and commentaries. Without special features I don't think I would buy as many DVDs if they only had the movie or TV episodes. So I'm keen to check out the commentaries on the Red Dwarf series.

Next likely DVD purchase will be The Matrix Revolutions or Kill Bill Vol. 1
Fri 20/02/04 at 23:34
Regular
"That's right!"
I love extras. Trailers, (interesting) documentaries, deleted scenes, commentaries. Some DVDs have hours of footage which is absolute tripe, but a few manage to have some really great extras.
Fri 20/02/04 at 23:03
Regular
"Teal'c"
What’s the deal with people wanting extras?
They’re s**téwash.
Fri 20/02/04 at 22:23
Regular
"That's right!"
But the film's terrible, why are you bothering?
Fri 20/02/04 at 17:17
Regular
"Whatever!"
Cub!st wrote:
> LOEG 2 Disc set or one? Get the 2 Disc set. You get what you pay for
> so don't be stindgy and go for the bare minimum with nothing but the
> movie.

Will more than likely get the 2 Disc set
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.