GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's your recent DVD purchase?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/02/04 at 19:47
Regular
Before DVDs came along there was VHS. I never bought a single movie on VHS, my brother only bought 3 (SE Star Wars) and my younger brother about 10 (a mix of 80ies films like Planes, Trains & Automobiles and Red Dwarf).

But now we seem to buy DVDs all the time, collectively we have just under 200 DVDs now and we buy atleast 1 DVD a week as a family. (we used to rent a lot but we dont anymore and the nearest cinema is 30 minutes drive away). I guess it is good news for the television and film industries. Anyone else noticed that they're buying more DVDs than they did VHS?

My recent DVD purchase was Donnie Darko Prism Edition. At a very nice price of £4.99 to encourage those who wouldnt have bought the film otherwise, despite having no special features. It's a very interesting and unusual film nothing like I've seen before.

I also pre-ordered a DVD boxset. Most of you are too young and would probably confuse it with the awful Matt LeBanc movie that came out years ago. It's the Lost In Space Series 1 boxset. 8 DVDs, 31 episodes, a collective running time of 23 hours and 42 minutes (possible marathon attempt?) At a nice price of £39.99 "DANGER! DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!"

Anyone else buy anything on DVD lately?
Page:
Tue 24/02/04 at 02:24
Regular
some extras are good - I like having deleted scenes and out-takes, aswell as commentaries. But endless 'making of' documentaries are indeed a waste of space.
Tue 24/02/04 at 00:56
Regular
Do you think more companies will start doing two version DVDs, one featureless and at a very tempting price? DVDs under a tenner always grab my attension. Donnie Darko Prism Edition is still selling well under a fiver.

Just ordered;

Labyrinth £6.99
Dark Crystal £6.99
Battle Royale Special Edition £16.99 (anyone else got?)
Ring (Japanese) £14.99 (better than US version?)

Oh and pre-ordered;

Final Fantasy Unlimited - Phase 1 £14.99
Kill Bill Vol. 1 £13.99 (wonder if it's good)
Mon 23/02/04 at 16:47
Regular
Just bought Matchstick Men. Fantastic film, and it's nice to see that Warner Brothers have ditched the old cardboard DVD boxes for the regular plastic ones (except for the new Friends DVDs)...
Sun 22/02/04 at 19:05
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Dr. J Nash wrote:
> What’s the deal with people wanting extras?
> They’re s**téwash.

Hurrah, anoter sensible person.

I bought X Files on VHS and nothing else. Now I have close to 400 DVD's cluttering my room up (all legal ones might I add), of course I have more money than when I was younger so that's an obvious reason.

Extras are a waste of time, thankfully Fox and others are now offering dual version of films so I can get the extraless one and not pay for junk I have no interest in.

Last purchase was League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, one disc set, and the next purchase will be Tears Of The Sun.
Sun 22/02/04 at 18:59
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
I bought Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs the other day.

Very cool :o)
Sun 22/02/04 at 11:53
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> But the film's terrible, why are you bothering?

Yeah, it was a crap film.
Sun 22/02/04 at 11:47
Regular
Top Gun, Seven, The Shawshank Redemption, Donnie Brasco and American History X have all been recent DVD purchases for me.
Sat 21/02/04 at 22:30
Regular
Just found out my brother bought the Jackass movie (cheap I imagine) just pressed play, I wonder what it's like, can't be that worse from the TV version.
Sat 21/02/04 at 22:07
Regular
Hope to go and buy Finding Nemo on Friday.

Either that or Matchstick Men, both excellent films...
Sat 21/02/04 at 15:16
Regular
Rah, just got home from town with 2 shiny new DVDs..

Donnie Darko (It better be good) and Licence to Kill...Oh and a James Bond DVD tin :oD for the looooovvverrrrlllyyy sum of 22quid.

RAH!
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.