GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Honor System..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Mon 25/04/05 at 19:04
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Yes, another WoW thread, go away.

So, this honor system? I've been reading the WoW forums, I can't post there for some reason, my login isn't accepted... Anyway, I have to say, it's re-iterated my belief that people online are 95% moronic. You get some people moaning and wanting to quit, others going 'it's pvp!!!!' and a few with brains in the middle being a bit rational.

I have been killed many times. I have been over powered by level ?? in groups, when I've been by myself. I've been fighting 2/3 monsters, and had a level 40 come up and help himself. I've had people see me, run off and come back with help.

They are whining at Blizzard on the forums. They seem to think their behaviour is entirely justified because Blizzard haven't done things exactly right. They're idiots. I want to play PvP - I realise that the world is a world of war. That does not excuse people being morons who have no notion of fun except their own geek needs. I KNOW it's a war - but for gods sake, it's also a game.

I like pvp - I've had some great fun. It'd just be nice if people would just stop for a second and realise that they are ruining it at times. I've got really annoyed (as guild members can testify ;) ) at idiots just ruining my game because they need to kill a player many levels below them, or they need to gang up and attack because they get 1 HK. I spared several lower levels today because I know how annoying it is - and when a horde starts on me, I give as good as I get, obviously, and often better, because I rule :D

I think this sums it up best - earlier, up in Arathi, I come across a same level Tauren fighthing a high level mob. I help kill it, and he runs off. I wave and go about my business. Half dead from fighting another 1/2, I could of done without him coming back and killing me. Idiots. Anyway, it's pvp, you can't expect everyone to be half witted.....AND people say 'oh ganking's fun!'. Erm, how? How is it fun? Grow up and give people a chance to play the game.

Meh, rant over. And stop raiding idiots! IT DOESN'T HELP YOU!
Thu 28/04/05 at 17:41
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Hahahaha sulk much?

Difference is Creepy, you posted a screaming fit about being ganked by high level players and how unfair it is and we should make a blacklist of people's names etc.
And you were roundly laughed and jeered out of the Blizzard forums and never once had the balls to back up your original post.

My post was a non-shouty, non-sulky reflection on how the new honour system has made it near impossible to play WoW in the style it was intended to.
And didn't recieve one single complaint in response. Surprisingly had some replies from people that felt the same.

You want to know what hypocrite is?
Whining about being raped by high-level players yet doing the same, leading low-level characters to their death and acting in the exact same manner that you threw your toys out of the pram about originally.
I haven't whined or screamed about it, simply indicated how difficult it has become to advance characters now that high-levels are attacking everything in sight.

And as a matter of interest, how many honour points do you have?
Be honest now
Thu 28/04/05 at 18:05
Regular
But to put it bluntly, you're whining but in just a lot more words.

"DEY KILLED ME!!12"

*Magic Goatboy transformation*

"The situation in World of Warcraft has deteriorated substantially in the passing days and I feel this is a minor problem to the world economics blah blah blah whine whine whine"

Do you see my whining anymore? Do you see me posting complaints over and over about deaths? Maybe I might comment on a guy killing me like 8-9 times but very rarely. Unlike you, you’ve become exactly what you call me, a sulking geek. So grow up or shut the f**k up with the crying.

And I have 112.
Thu 28/04/05 at 18:09
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Hahahahaha sulk much?

Your face is red and you have flecks of spittle from your pouty lips.
And please feel free to point out where I'm "crying" instead of saying "It's really bad since the honour system".
And interestingly, a vast majority of gamers that aren't 24/7 lv50+ ubergamers are saying exactly the same thing.

Deal with it l33tboy
Thu 28/04/05 at 18:10
Regular
...What?

If you can’t deal with PVP move to PVE. The honour system is dodgy, yes, but how about you make a game better, yeah? Go on. I'm looking forward to it.

The reason why people above "50+" don’t complain is because they know its all part of the game and don’t go around whining.

And "l33t boy?" hahaha. That's funny coming from you :D
Thu 28/04/05 at 19:44
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I get really annoyed when I'm obviously questing and half dead then 2-3 lv ?? horde slaughter me before I can even /dance.

It is starting to annoy me.
Thu 28/04/05 at 19:49
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Shut up Creepy.
If I had known it was like this or it had been implemented when I first played I would have moved.

All I see now is a stupid system that sees me waste time/money being killed, walking to corpse, getting repaired etc
Thu 28/04/05 at 20:17
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Is this the bit where i sit cackling manically at staying on a normal server?
Thu 28/04/05 at 20:18
Regular
Probably. Best of both worlds for the moment, I say.
Thu 28/04/05 at 20:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Creepy wrote:
> ...What?
>
> If you can’t deal with PVP move to PVE. The honour system is dodgy,
> yes, but how about you make a game better, yeah? Go on. I'm looking
> forward to it.
>
> The reason why people above "50+" don’t complain is because
> they know its all part of the game and don’t go around whining.
>

Shut up.

Jesus Christ, I pay money to play this game, it's one of the greatest games I've ever played. It's ruined by morons who couldn't give the blind bit of notice to anything but the number on their Honor pane.

I'm not moving and losing countless hours spent making my dude half way decent.
Thu 28/04/05 at 23:58
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Yeah, I'm staying.

It is actually quite fun if it is 1v1, 2v2 etc of fairly equal level. Especially if you're questing in the same area and frequently come across eath other, I had a good laugh with one guy and eventually we danced and bowed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.