GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Honor System..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Mon 25/04/05 at 19:04
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Yes, another WoW thread, go away.

So, this honor system? I've been reading the WoW forums, I can't post there for some reason, my login isn't accepted... Anyway, I have to say, it's re-iterated my belief that people online are 95% moronic. You get some people moaning and wanting to quit, others going 'it's pvp!!!!' and a few with brains in the middle being a bit rational.

I have been killed many times. I have been over powered by level ?? in groups, when I've been by myself. I've been fighting 2/3 monsters, and had a level 40 come up and help himself. I've had people see me, run off and come back with help.

They are whining at Blizzard on the forums. They seem to think their behaviour is entirely justified because Blizzard haven't done things exactly right. They're idiots. I want to play PvP - I realise that the world is a world of war. That does not excuse people being morons who have no notion of fun except their own geek needs. I KNOW it's a war - but for gods sake, it's also a game.

I like pvp - I've had some great fun. It'd just be nice if people would just stop for a second and realise that they are ruining it at times. I've got really annoyed (as guild members can testify ;) ) at idiots just ruining my game because they need to kill a player many levels below them, or they need to gang up and attack because they get 1 HK. I spared several lower levels today because I know how annoying it is - and when a horde starts on me, I give as good as I get, obviously, and often better, because I rule :D

I think this sums it up best - earlier, up in Arathi, I come across a same level Tauren fighthing a high level mob. I help kill it, and he runs off. I wave and go about my business. Half dead from fighting another 1/2, I could of done without him coming back and killing me. Idiots. Anyway, it's pvp, you can't expect everyone to be half witted.....AND people say 'oh ganking's fun!'. Erm, how? How is it fun? Grow up and give people a chance to play the game.

Meh, rant over. And stop raiding idiots! IT DOESN'T HELP YOU!
Wed 27/04/05 at 23:06
Regular
"Excommunicated"
It is crap, I can't even go near Booty Bay.

I went to Thousand Needles today which was fun.
Good exp from animals, lots of mining and equal level horde.

I kept battling with one lv 29 undead.
I won 5-2 in the end... though he kept sneaking on me when I was quarter health, still killed him once when half dead though.

Was fun but not sure where to go now.
Wed 27/04/05 at 23:26
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Goatboy wrote:
> The equivilent, monkey, is playing CS and suddenly finding it's just
> you by yourself and 12 opponents coming after you.
> Except you only have a knife and they have auto-shotguns. And your
> bomb doesn't work. And they're using hacks.
>
> It's that level of frustration to see a previously faultless example
> of gaming joy turned into yet another online pursuit ruined by
> "STFU NOOB!!!" types that delight in increasing their self
> worth by annihilating players several levels below them.

Yes. I can relate to that. I was in Darkshire earlier, when a 8+ group of lvl ?? horde waltzed through, slaghtered the town, and camped the graveyard for cheap kills. Luckly I had a hearthstone to Sentinel Hill, but then again, that's not the point really is it...

Goaty, probaly wont make a blind bit of difference, but let Blizzard know your feelings eh?

[edit]Hacks? Probably will be some knocking around. I've known of teleport hacks and sped hacks but since you're on a server maintained by Blizzard, I don't think they'll last for long. Same with the current honour system to be honest...

It'll change soon, and It'll change because subscribers are leaveing.
Thu 28/04/05 at 00:02
Regular
"A man with a stick"
As for the Booty Bay goblins thing, it's a bug I think. Same happens in Gadgetzen, some goblins attack players for no reason at all, while others don't attack players who initiate fights, hence why I'm staying away from neutral towns for the time being.

I’m attempting to get back into questing with my main character, I’ve come too far to be pushed away from this game now. Blizzard really do need to get their act together, I know some people just love this new honour system, and I was hoping to love it as well, but it’s actually turned the PvP aspect of WoW into an online shoot em up.

Charge, kill as many as you can, die, re-spawn, repeat to fade. The mass battles in Hillsbrad, while initially quite fun became so boring I actually, for the first time in WoW, was forced to come off and play something else. I don’t enjoy spending hours in long, dull back and forth battles. They attack, we attack, they attack again blah blah blah.

A bit of advice as well, if your going to tell Blizzard how suck ass this system is, resist the urge to post in the WoW forums. It’s like a retard parade in there, as soon as someone points out their disappointment with the honour system (usually with some good reasons and ways to fix it) they are immediately set upon by groups of pre-pubescent teens who then proceed to defend it no matter what. Send an e-mail instead.
Thu 28/04/05 at 16:26
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Oddly I did put a topic in the WoW Europe Forums after yet another attempt at playing was reduced to mindless killing and fleeing.
And even more oddly it wasn't flamed by idiots.
But yeah, I'll email it to Blizzard. I dont expect any change whatsoever from one insignificant bloke in England emailing but I've enjoyed this game so much that it's breaking my heart to see it degenerate before my very eyes.

*shrugs*
[URL]http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-pvp-en&t=39251&p=1&tmp=1#post39251[/URL]
Thu 28/04/05 at 16:32
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Interestingly, Blizzard are running a competition where you can win top-of-the-line graphics cards for harvesting honour points.
"From when the patch is implemented until May 24th".
Great, so not only has the fundemental gameplay shifted from an awesome exploration of the best video-world created ever but the developers are offering real-world rewards for being psychotic towards other players.

/golfclap

[URL]http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/contests/05-04-19-honorsystem/[/URL]
Thu 28/04/05 at 17:13
Regular
But...Um...Didn't you....hmmm...
Thu 28/04/05 at 17:14
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Hahahahaha
Sulk much?
Thu 28/04/05 at 17:25
Regular
"Touched!"
Does real life killing WOW style count? *sharpens blade*
Thu 28/04/05 at 17:28
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Unfortunately not, neither does trying to tame random cats you see on a post round.
Standing in the middle of a Harlow estate with hands held high trying to cast a spell results in mild amusement/fear from passers-by.
Oddly, my stealth actions are just as poor in real-life as in WoW - as the baffled and angry pensioner who kept shouting "I can see you" as I attempted to pick a lock to gain entry into Willowfield Tower
Thu 28/04/05 at 17:29
Regular
Goatboy, You're such a hypocrite :\

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.