GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Honor System..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Mon 25/04/05 at 19:04
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Yes, another WoW thread, go away.

So, this honor system? I've been reading the WoW forums, I can't post there for some reason, my login isn't accepted... Anyway, I have to say, it's re-iterated my belief that people online are 95% moronic. You get some people moaning and wanting to quit, others going 'it's pvp!!!!' and a few with brains in the middle being a bit rational.

I have been killed many times. I have been over powered by level ?? in groups, when I've been by myself. I've been fighting 2/3 monsters, and had a level 40 come up and help himself. I've had people see me, run off and come back with help.

They are whining at Blizzard on the forums. They seem to think their behaviour is entirely justified because Blizzard haven't done things exactly right. They're idiots. I want to play PvP - I realise that the world is a world of war. That does not excuse people being morons who have no notion of fun except their own geek needs. I KNOW it's a war - but for gods sake, it's also a game.

I like pvp - I've had some great fun. It'd just be nice if people would just stop for a second and realise that they are ruining it at times. I've got really annoyed (as guild members can testify ;) ) at idiots just ruining my game because they need to kill a player many levels below them, or they need to gang up and attack because they get 1 HK. I spared several lower levels today because I know how annoying it is - and when a horde starts on me, I give as good as I get, obviously, and often better, because I rule :D

I think this sums it up best - earlier, up in Arathi, I come across a same level Tauren fighthing a high level mob. I help kill it, and he runs off. I wave and go about my business. Half dead from fighting another 1/2, I could of done without him coming back and killing me. Idiots. Anyway, it's pvp, you can't expect everyone to be half witted.....AND people say 'oh ganking's fun!'. Erm, how? How is it fun? Grow up and give people a chance to play the game.

Meh, rant over. And stop raiding idiots! IT DOESN'T HELP YOU!
Sat 30/04/05 at 18:14
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
They should make a plush toy of a tauren sitting down, they look so cute it makes my heart bleed.
Sat 30/04/05 at 15:56
Regular
And to be fair, who wouldn't be a little shaken if you had this running towards you with a big stick?

[URL]http://img228.echo.cx/img228/7334/162pq.jpg[/URL]
Sat 30/04/05 at 14:35
Regular
I spent last night on the PVE server as a level 6 Druid, defending the Tauren city in the nude. I died about 11 times, then waited a while till PVP was disabled again, and went down to the group and danced with them for a while.

Then I went back up, they tried to hide under the lift section so nobody would see them, so I went back down and waved at them. At which point I attacked them and ran off again, and once more they killed me with one hit.

It was great fun, and there were some great people there defending it with me, including a undead priest that gave me 1G. Eventually the gang of us chased them away, everybody cheering for me for chasing them off. It was so much fun.

So you still get PVP action in it, just, when you choose to, which is what I much prefer for the time being. It's not as if you can't attack at all.
Sat 30/04/05 at 11:51
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> I have no doubt Blizzard will remedy it, too many people have the same
> complaints.
> In the meantime, I'm staying on that Thunderhoof normal/pve server so
> I don't get so annoyed I uninstall and cancel my subscription in a fit
> of pique.
>
> Trolls are excellent, Yardie wannabes with mad hair.

You should have joined Stormrage PVE server, Cookie and I have Horde characters there.
Sat 30/04/05 at 11:50
Regular
For the most part the pvp situation will clear up when Battlegrounds arrive.

Because I'm not stupid like most gankers, I only pvp at the never ending raid in Hillsbrad, and in plaguelands, where everyone is 50+ and I can actually get some points!.

I laugh at all the idiots zerging lower levels when they aren't getting crap all for it.
Sat 30/04/05 at 09:26
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I have no doubt Blizzard will remedy it, too many people have the same complaints.
In the meantime, I'm staying on that Thunderhoof normal/pve server so I don't get so annoyed I uninstall and cancel my subscription in a fit of pique.

Trolls are excellent, Yardie wannabes with mad hair.
Fri 29/04/05 at 21:15
Regular
Played as Grixthraves today. Got killed three times in ten minutes, and I hadn't even left the alliance camp.
Fri 29/04/05 at 17:07
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Almost had my first taste of this system just now, had just got back to Auberdine to complete some quests and saw someone yelling there's a bunch of Level ?? Horde coming. About 10 seconds after i had left the fish vendor about 20 of them come storming into town, so of course i did the honourable thing ................ went and hid in a corner and logged out :-D

A couple of the horde i saw were around level 40, very honourable ploughing through Auberdine slaughtering mostly level 10-15's.
Fri 29/04/05 at 13:41
Regular
I've ran around with a Hunters Mark before - the Hunter was just toying with me.

I felt like his biatch :(
Fri 29/04/05 at 12:45
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It sums it all up really.

I'm not moving - I don't kill people UNLESS it's freakin' obvious they're about to attack me.

I.e, hunters mark, them running towards me yelling. Etc.

Or in a raid, but I never raid anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.