GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How do you fight these Cowards?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/02/04 at 08:17
Regular
36 Dead in Iraq after a car bomb is detonated, taking the total to 80 in several days, the others killed by a suicide bomber.

How do you fight those that are basically invisible to conventional detection methods, those who are willing to end their own life in an effort to kill many others? Both in Iraq, and in general in the war on terrorism? Conventional rules of war no longer apply. Seemingly no-one in the entire world is safe from these coward, inhuman Islamic Extremists.

Are there any simple solutions? Are we doomed to live in perpetual paranoia? Are we going the right way about it?
Wed 11/02/04 at 11:54
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Goodfellas? Rebel? Hand grenade? What are you on???
Wed 11/02/04 at 11:50
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Pandaemonium wrote:
> One mans terrorist is anothers freedom fighter.
>
> What film's that from?

It's not the bit in Goodfellas where the rebel gets the police chief and the hand grenade in the back of the car, is it? I think it's Goodfellas.
Wed 11/02/04 at 11:38
Regular
Pandaemonium wrote:

What film's that from?
Wed 11/02/04 at 11:37
Regular
"Chris Morris"
Freedom? Whos's fighting for freedom anyway? I thought Iraq was freed with the capture of Saddam Huisain? And America and Britian aren't exactly enslaved are they?
So what ARE they fighting for?
(There's probably an obvious answer, but I've not kept up with this whole war thing)
Wed 11/02/04 at 11:26
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> I fail to see how killing innocent children has anything to do with
> freedom, it's out and out cowardice and mindless slaughter.

"Won't somebody think of the children!?!?!?!?"

I'm not saying it isn't, I'm just saying that if the UK for example was occupied by a perceived hostile force, and there was absolutely no other way to fight them, would we resort to terrorism? I'd like to think not, but can't see it.

There are two sides to every story, and although I cannot condone murder of innocents via terrrorism, I can see why desperate people would resort to it.
Wed 11/02/04 at 10:47
Regular
Pandaemonium wrote:

I fail to see how killing innocent children has anything to do with freedom, it's out and out cowardice and mindless slaughter.
Wed 11/02/04 at 10:08
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
One mans terrorist is anothers freedom fighter.
Wed 11/02/04 at 09:21
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It's an effective form of terrorism practiced by people with nothing left to lose. What can you do?
Wed 11/02/04 at 08:56
Regular
"Laughingstock"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> Are there any simple solutions?

If Israel disappeared overnight, if there Earth was invaded by flying saucers, or if Jesus returned hand-in-hand with Mohammed.

Surely the only realistic way of beginning to tackle this whole issue is for the powers that be to genuinely look into why some individuals feel the need to strap bombs to their torsos.

The strong American President intent on peaceful compromise would be a start. Then again, that might just further encourage the extremists who want to see Islam as the dominant force come what may.

I dunno.
Wed 11/02/04 at 08:17
Regular
36 Dead in Iraq after a car bomb is detonated, taking the total to 80 in several days, the others killed by a suicide bomber.

How do you fight those that are basically invisible to conventional detection methods, those who are willing to end their own life in an effort to kill many others? Both in Iraq, and in general in the war on terrorism? Conventional rules of war no longer apply. Seemingly no-one in the entire world is safe from these coward, inhuman Islamic Extremists.

Are there any simple solutions? Are we doomed to live in perpetual paranoia? Are we going the right way about it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.