GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How do you fight these Cowards?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/02/04 at 08:17
Regular
36 Dead in Iraq after a car bomb is detonated, taking the total to 80 in several days, the others killed by a suicide bomber.

How do you fight those that are basically invisible to conventional detection methods, those who are willing to end their own life in an effort to kill many others? Both in Iraq, and in general in the war on terrorism? Conventional rules of war no longer apply. Seemingly no-one in the entire world is safe from these coward, inhuman Islamic Extremists.

Are there any simple solutions? Are we doomed to live in perpetual paranoia? Are we going the right way about it?
Sat 14/02/04 at 21:27
Regular
Convince them that their' religion is pointless or that Allah is not worth that much at all?, perhaps if America were just prepared to let their' anger seep away, these terrorists would give up, as one captured member of Al Quaeda mentioned.
Sat 14/02/04 at 16:36
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Car bombs are a cowards weapon, so is targetting civilians and people you know cannot fight back - that is, I feel, what Borat was referring to.
Sat 14/02/04 at 15:58
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> Both in Iraq, and in general in the war
> on terrorism? Conventional rules of war no longer apply. Seemingly
> no-one in the entire world is safe from these coward, inhuman Islamic
> Extremists.

Personally, i don't think these people are cowards, scum, yes, but not cowards. I'm not condoning their actions, far from it, but still, how many people do you know would have the brass ones to strap on a vest full of explosives, and say, 'Today i'm going to die'. I couldn't. I still have a severe disliking of the terrorists though. I hope thats understood.

> Are there any simple solutions? Are we doomed to live in perpetual
> paranoia?

Not at all, all we have to do is make every Arab in the World like us. But i don't think an entity in the galaxy knows how to pull that one off. I know i don't.

>Are we going the right way about it?

I'm not sure if this is the right way to go about it, but i don't know of a better one. I hate to sound like a Tory, but here it is. There's a better way out there, but i don't know what it is.
Fri 13/02/04 at 21:01
Regular
But if you were looking at soldiers of the nation that destroyed your family and life, would you trust them?

Besides, using Iraq as an example, although the allied forces have the best intentions in the long run for the civillians, in the short term their methods seem to be down to controlling them, rather than helping them.

Not even a pinch as bad as the old regime, but still fairly oppressive.

And it's easy for us to see that we are trying to help them, but these people don't know us like we do, and have most likely spent the last few years of their lives being filled with religious propaganda on how this is the only way they can help their people, that the west is evil and that they will be rewarded in the afterlife.

It must've taken some horrific experience of the west to allow them to swallow it all.
Fri 13/02/04 at 19:14
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Strafio wrote:
> The thing is, most of these people have nothing to live for other than
> a life after death.

I'm sure plenty of coalition forces would be happy to grant this life after death to them given the chance....
Fri 13/02/04 at 17:52
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Cub!st wrote:
> Think what you will Blank I will not bend to your will and humour you
> when we both fine well know the truth.

Listen Milroy-Sloane, that's not the way it works. If you're accusing me of some wrong doing, you have to provide evidence to back yourself up. Not me. I can't, because my case rests on the fact that there is no evidence. So, as it stands, no evidence is presented and therefore my side of the story is true by default.

Prove me wrong.
Thu 12/02/04 at 09:26
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Strafio wrote:
> Not that I'm justifying their actions, but put in their position, I
> would perhaps want to do the same thing...

Good job you're not a talk show host or a Liberal Democract MP...
Thu 12/02/04 at 00:43
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
This is just a small point.

I'm no psychologist, far from it.

But I wonder if there's something sub-concious behind why you put a capital letter for "Cowards".

Interesting.
Wed 11/02/04 at 23:56
Regular
The thing is, most of these people have nothing to live for other than a life after death.

America has got to learn that the more people it bombs and kills, the more angry orphans it'll have after their blood, with nothing to lose because everything precious has been taken from them.

Not that I'm justifying their actions, but put in their position, I would perhaps want to do the same thing...
Wed 11/02/04 at 21:46
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Oh I wasn't suggesting it as a plausible solution Beldandy heh I was just pointing out the most obvious solution to try and point out that there is no easy answer because we all have morals so to pose the question in the first place is pointless. Well that's my view heh.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.