GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Punk / Hardcore / Emo Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/02/04 at 09:40
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Right, the Hip Hop thread that's been started in this forum seems to be ticking over quite nicely so I thought I'd try out another genre. I've never really visited many other forums but a quick scan round some music boards recently has led me to find some great bands. For example, this week I followed up a recommendation to check out Boys Night Out, it turns out they're great and are playing London in 2 weeks. Yay!

So, if anyone's into punk/post-punk/emo/hardcore... whatever the hell you wanna label things, please chat here about music, albums, gigs, gossip and help me find some more cool bands to go see live.

I like stuff from loads of different genres, but the punk stuff I'm currently into includes Alkaline Trio, Braid, Fugazi, Minor Threat, Gorilla Biscuits, Lagwagon, NOFX, Taking Back Sunday, Brand New, Matchbook Romance, Saves The Day, Rocket From The Crypt, Jawbreaker, Lawrence Arms, Boys Night Out, Hot Water Music, The Ataris etc. etc.
Fri 13/02/04 at 15:31
Regular
"8==="
Well if Busted are Rock then Feeder must be death metal!
Fri 13/02/04 at 15:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Well, considering I read a hilarious interview with Busted that stated they were a rock band, terminology means little.

'Our first single was like, head on, and like it sent a message that you either had to be with us or not al all, cos I think it's a really upfront single that will get you rocking'

Or something like that. Utterly laughable. Apparantly one of them has a 'side project' going, which has played 'small shows'.......

To 14 year old girls?

HAHA!
Fri 13/02/04 at 15:25
Regular
"8==="
Oh yeah I like Offspring it's just I have to question what the bloody hell punk is now supposed to be every so often.
Fri 13/02/04 at 15:19
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hedfix wrote:
> Cyclone wrote:
>
> And Pitchshifter suck, full stop. Haha :D
>
> Don't be silly. There's nothing like Pitchshifter. Have you heard any
> of the PSI album at all?

Nope, not of the PSI album. I just don't like their music really. And regardless of what Offspring are, I still like them to an extent.
Fri 13/02/04 at 15:17
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Cyclone wrote:

New stuff does. www.pitchifter.com is (IMHO) excellent, as are their earlier Desensitized, and Industrial.
Fri 13/02/04 at 15:16
Regular
"8==="
If offspring are punk then flaming feeder can't be far away from being punk then! :D
Fri 13/02/04 at 15:15
Regular
"8==="
Cyclone wrote:

Don't be silly. There's nothing like Pitchshifter. Have you heard any of the PSI album at all?
Fri 13/02/04 at 15:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Pfft, posh, pish etc.

Offspring were punk in the sense of being a 'punk band' and now play punky-poppy stuff, which is still better than most, despite not being particularly clever.

And Pitchshifter suck, full stop. Haha :D
Fri 13/02/04 at 15:10
Regular
"8==="
Cyclone wrote:

>
Offspring are quality, who gives a f**k about their
> poppiness,

Hardcore punks?
>

>
> Whale? I wouldna call Pitchshifter punk. More like 'lame' ;)

Now that's just rubbish. :P

Pitchshifter are/were bloody excellent. "Dysfuction is our function" sound like a punk lyric? Bloody right it does!
Fri 13/02/04 at 15:05
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hedfix wrote:
> Hmmmm. Just got Blink 182's latest, haven't listened to it yet
> though.
>
> Do Lost Prophets count as punk? Surely Offspring are practically just
> pop now aswell?

LP = nah. Offspring are quality, who gives a f**k about their poppiness, despite their new single sucking. Ixnay/Smash/Americana are excellent.

>
> Why do bands that people hold up as being 'punk greats' sound really
> boring like Greenday and Fugazi?
>

Because they are. Moo! Although I've not heard much Fugazi, and punk ain;t my favourite genre like it was for a time.

> Surely punks more a state of mind now: Are pitchshifter punk? Are
> Whale punk?

Whale? I wouldna call Pitchshifter punk. More like 'lame' ;)

>
> What about electronic punks? Like the prodigy?
>

Eh EH EH?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.