GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Punk / Hardcore / Emo Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/02/04 at 09:40
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Right, the Hip Hop thread that's been started in this forum seems to be ticking over quite nicely so I thought I'd try out another genre. I've never really visited many other forums but a quick scan round some music boards recently has led me to find some great bands. For example, this week I followed up a recommendation to check out Boys Night Out, it turns out they're great and are playing London in 2 weeks. Yay!

So, if anyone's into punk/post-punk/emo/hardcore... whatever the hell you wanna label things, please chat here about music, albums, gigs, gossip and help me find some more cool bands to go see live.

I like stuff from loads of different genres, but the punk stuff I'm currently into includes Alkaline Trio, Braid, Fugazi, Minor Threat, Gorilla Biscuits, Lagwagon, NOFX, Taking Back Sunday, Brand New, Matchbook Romance, Saves The Day, Rocket From The Crypt, Jawbreaker, Lawrence Arms, Boys Night Out, Hot Water Music, The Ataris etc. etc.
Tue 10/02/04 at 09:40
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Right, the Hip Hop thread that's been started in this forum seems to be ticking over quite nicely so I thought I'd try out another genre. I've never really visited many other forums but a quick scan round some music boards recently has led me to find some great bands. For example, this week I followed up a recommendation to check out Boys Night Out, it turns out they're great and are playing London in 2 weeks. Yay!

So, if anyone's into punk/post-punk/emo/hardcore... whatever the hell you wanna label things, please chat here about music, albums, gigs, gossip and help me find some more cool bands to go see live.

I like stuff from loads of different genres, but the punk stuff I'm currently into includes Alkaline Trio, Braid, Fugazi, Minor Threat, Gorilla Biscuits, Lagwagon, NOFX, Taking Back Sunday, Brand New, Matchbook Romance, Saves The Day, Rocket From The Crypt, Jawbreaker, Lawrence Arms, Boys Night Out, Hot Water Music, The Ataris etc. etc.
Tue 10/02/04 at 13:14
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Reel Big Fish are playing in portsmouth in March :)

like em or not, they're great value so i shall be there!
Tue 10/02/04 at 16:38
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Not a big fan of punk/hardcore punk, but I do listen to The Offspring, The Sex Pistols, Green Day and White Zombie.
Thu 12/02/04 at 17:33
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Going to see NOFX in London in May, and maybe Bad Religion. I'd love to see BR, but I already ordered NOFX tickets, and owe a mate £30 odd for Pixies tickets, AND if I see BR as well, will mean going to London 3 times within a month. Which will be expensive. But I love BR. Argh. Choices.

Also, going to see Winnebago Deal on Tuesday, not that punky, but they rock mightily nonetheless.
Thu 12/02/04 at 17:36
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Oh yeah, almost forgot to shamelessly advertise my website.

www.unitepunk.co.uk

:P
Thu 12/02/04 at 17:40
Regular
Big Emo fan, Rod Hull really knows how to work that bird.
Thu 12/02/04 at 17:52
"Uzi Lover"
Sunny Day Real Estate
Poison The Well
Quicksand
Snapcase
Far
Texas Is The Reason

and lots more, these names should of been said by now.
Thu 12/02/04 at 19:50
Regular
"www.360volts.tk"
Thu 12/02/04 at 20:07
Regular
"Notable"
Oh the zeitgeist of Harcore
Fri 13/02/04 at 09:35
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Sibs wrote:
> Going to see NOFX in London in May, and maybe Bad Religion. I'd love
> to see BR, but I already ordered NOFX tickets, and owe a mate
> £30 odd for Pixies tickets, AND if I see BR as well, will mean
> going to London 3 times within a month. Which will be expensive

You got Pixies tickets? I'm so jealous! 4 nights now sold out before I got a chance to pick up any tickets. I'll probably end up paying 10x face value from a tout. Oh well, it'll be worth it.

Yeah I got a load of NOFX tickets too. Should be good, although they do say they hate playing London so who knows. And someone told me that the Vandals might be the support which could be fun.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.