GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Invest in the Future of Gaming : Invest in a Playstation2."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/03/01 at 22:43
Regular
The Playstation 2 (PS2 for short) is the worlds most powerful games console, its 10 times as powerful as the original Playstation which means that the graphics and sound are simply amazing.
This machine truly takes you to the peak of interactive entertainment; it not only plays games but also has a built in DVD player, which allows you to watch DVD movies. The Playstation 2 is now destined to become even more popular than its predecessor, having sold a staggering 10 million units in only 5 months. This means simply that your investing in the future, every major developer is now producing games for the PS2 and already the PS2 has some great games released for it. Such as Zone of Enders (Z.O.E.), Timesplitters and TekkenTagTournament. But as they say the best is yet to come with GranTurismo3, MetalGearSolid 2, Silent Hill2, WWF Smackdown 3 and the Getaway sure to be big hits when they’re released later this year.
Tue 17/04/01 at 23:51
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Pagey wrote:
>
No, to be a hardcore gamer you must:

- Have a decent social
> life with none casual gamer mates.
- Listen to music 'casually' (As
> in casual music listener)
- Watch movies 'casually' (As in casual
> movie watcher)
- Not BUY other consoles. Playing on them for
> experimentation is legal.
- Be prepared to play games more than
> anything else. Only games that casual gamers would find crap,
> mind.
- Not like any casual 'games' or consoles with the majority
> of games being casual gamers games.

No I don't think you are
> hardcore gamers. Although Wookiee could be heading that
> way........

I think that not liking games becuase it might be a game that a casual gamer likes is a bit over the top. So would you play on games like crazy Taxi, Tekken Tag Tournment?
I play games as they are fun, I like playing games. I have had so much fun playing 4 player Goldeneye on the N64. The multiplayer mode on that must of easily eat a few houndred hours of my life away. Not liking certain games becuase a casual gamer might like it is being a bit shall I say racist. Not having friends that are casual gamers is also abit picky. So are you saying if you meet someone and became friends with them and you found out they were a casual gamer would you stop being there friend. Also what about a girlfriend if she hated computers would you dump her? Also saying dont buy any other console thats being biased. I find that owning a range of machines like the PC, DC, PS2, PS1, and N64 I get a range of good games that I like to play, that are fun, games that are diffcult and that a casual gamer would not like, and easy fun games that you can have a laugh on and have a great multi player game with your mates. It sounds like to me that a hardcore gamer is a religion as you cant do this can do that and have to do this. If you got this from PC gamer then they should be sued for being a Cult.

Computer games were invented for fun, I like them because they are fun. With some of the points you have said I would say yes iam a hardcore gamer(Play games for long periods of time, play hard games e.t.c). I do not chose not to play on a certain game because casual gamers play on it.

You also point out that computer magazine people are hardcore gamers, but what about the people who work for multi-format magazines are they classed as Hardcore gamers?as they play on all the consoles and will own alot of them aswell.
Tue 17/04/01 at 23:44
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Pagey I have no respect for you now.

You come on the PS2 forums shouting stuff about Sony being rubbish and how you are such a hard core gamer, we don’t care about your petty thoughts. And if you’re a hard core gamer does that make you a better person than a casual gamer? I think not…

And does it matter what sort of gamer you are? If you’re a casual gamer or a hard-core gamer, as long as you have fun that’s all that counts. If you’re such a hard gamer why do you insist on saying stupid things like “Yeah, Sony made gaming what it is today...CRAP! “ Not only are you saying Sony are not a good company your also saying that the gaming world is crap. What are you on? How can the gaming world be crap? Honestly, you took me by surprise when you say that! And you claim to be a hard core gamer? Sure…

You go on about how Sony attracted the casual gamer people, and this is bad because? There are casual gamers for every console. And don’t give me crap about Nintendo fans are all hard core, because there are around 10,000,000 fans for nintendo, and unless you know each and every fan, you can not say this.

Just lay off the PS2, if you don’t like it don’t get your grubby hands on it. I’m sure Sony won’t mind not getting a little moron like you on their customer list.

Sorry for the harsh words but you have really offended me with the posts you have done. I would like to ask you politely now, please stop with the anti Sony posts. If you do want to carry on offending people like Ant Wookiee Adrian, and myself make your posts worth reading, and back up your points with a good/true explanation.

And before you accuse me of being just a Sony fan, I have a PSX, PS2, Dreamcast, Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Colour and a N64.
Tue 17/04/01 at 23:38
Regular
"I like cheese"
adrian wrote:
> After reading what Pagey has said I would still agree that Iam a
> hardcore gamer. I play on PC ,DC ,PS2 ,PS1 and any other console. I
> love gadgets, I dream that I had enough money to beable to afford a
> massive big room full to the brim with state of the art devices. As
> iam only a student I cant afford much.

I play games for hours
> and hours I think the longest I must have gone is maybe about 10
> hours with only little breaks, all night in some cases. I ve played
> games from 7pm-4am then wake up at 7am and play on it for most of
> the day. I play games that are difficult. I buy games from different
> compaines and of different genres.. I have friends that are also
> hardcore gamers, they spend hours and hours playing counterstrike.
> The group of friends iam in live and breathe computer games.
> Computers are away of life for me and my friends. Yes we have social
> lives but we play on the games alot more than a casual gamer. We are
> so good at them that the people on the internet thought we were
> cheating on counterstrike. We have other hobbies, as one of me
> friends likes boozing but I like watching tv shows like Buffy,
> Angel, Charmed. But gaming is a big part of my life I've been into
> it since I was about 5 now iam 18. Pagey you said that casual gamers
> would call hardcore gamers spotty geeks, I dont because people call
> me a computer geek at school. Not as bad as you might think becuase
> people dont really pick on me which is good, and I suppose iam quite
> popular but people still think I should get off the Computer some
> time and get a life. But as I tell them I have a life and that is
> computers.

Maybe as I have other interests iam not a total
> Hardcore gamer, but as I pointed out I do alot of the things you
> have mentioned Pagey. I think you were a bit to quick to judge us
> here on the PS2 forum just as we have PS2's. I've got one as there
> are a few good games out, plus there are a lot of games coming out
> that I want to get.

See Pagey there are a few of us PS2 owners
> that would be classed as Hardcore gamers.

I agree, adrian.

And that few includes me.
Tue 17/04/01 at 23:33
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
After reading what Pagey has said I would still agree that Iam a hardcore gamer. I play on PC ,DC ,PS2 ,PS1 and any other console. I love gadgets, I dream that I had enough money to beable to afford a massive big room full to the brim with state of the art devices. As iam only a student I cant afford much.

I play games for hours and hours I think the longest I must have gone is maybe about 10 hours with only little breaks, all night in some cases. I ve played games from 7pm-4am then wake up at 7am and play on it for most of the day. I play games that are difficult. I buy games from different compaines and of different genres.. I have friends that are also hardcore gamers, they spend hours and hours playing counterstrike. The group of friends iam in live and breathe computer games. Computers are away of life for me and my friends. Yes we have social lives but we play on the games alot more than a casual gamer. We are so good at them that the people on the internet thought we were cheating on counterstrike. We have other hobbies, as one of me friends likes boozing but I like watching tv shows like Buffy, Angel, Charmed. But gaming is a big part of my life I've been into it since I was about 5 now iam 18. Pagey you said that casual gamers would call hardcore gamers spotty geeks, I dont because people call me a computer geek at school. Not as bad as you might think becuase people dont really pick on me which is good, and I suppose iam quite popular but people still think I should get off the Computer some time and get a life. But as I tell them I have a life and that is computers.

Maybe as I have other interests iam not a total Hardcore gamer, but as I pointed out I do alot of the things you have mentioned Pagey. I think you were a bit to quick to judge us here on the PS2 forum just as we have PS2's. I've got one as there are a few good games out, plus there are a lot of games coming out that I want to get.

See Pagey there are a few of us PS2 owners that would be classed as Hardcore gamers.
Tue 17/04/01 at 23:31
Regular
"I like cheese"
Well lets see....

I own, and still play on, a Sega Mega Drive.

I also have over 50 games all together, and have spent most of the last 4 years playing games.

I play top notch PC Games such as Deus Ex all the time.
Tue 17/04/01 at 23:28
Regular
"I like cheese"
Oh no Wookiee!!

Becuase we like Sony we are 'scum'!!!
Tue 17/04/01 at 23:26
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"

No, to be a hardcore gamer you must:

- Have a decent social life with none casual gamer mates.
- Listen to music 'casually' (As in casual music listener)
- Watch movies 'casually' (As in casual movie watcher)
- Not BUY other consoles. Playing on them for experimentation is legal.
- Be prepared to play games more than anything else. Only games that casual gamers would find crap, mind.
- Not like any casual 'games' or consoles with the majority of games being casual gamers games.

No I don't think you are hardcore gamers. Although Wookiee could be heading that way........
Tue 17/04/01 at 23:20
Regular
"I like cheese"
Oh dear Wookiee!!

It looks like to be a hardcore gamer we must: have no social life, not listen to music, not watch movies, not play on any other consoles, always have a set time to play on our consoles, we must have no friends that our 'casual gamers' and we are not allowd to like Sony or the PSX/PS2!!

It looks like we aren't 'hardcore' gamers!!

{:) "ONCE YOU POP, YOU CAN'T STOP!! CLASSIQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tue 17/04/01 at 22:20
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
WOW! Maybe hardcore gamers can own PS2s. Wookiee, did you own a Mega Drive? A Master System? Are you a PC gamer? There must be an explanation. Yeah 5 hours is short. Not sure about 48 hours though. You'd probably go mental. You must be an exception Wookiee. A really rare exception.
Tue 17/04/01 at 22:15
"High polygon count"
Anyway, I'm off to enjoy my new-found 'hardcore' status by actually playing a game! Shocking but true!

TTFN

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.