GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Invest in the Future of Gaming : Invest in a Playstation2."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/03/01 at 22:43
Regular
The Playstation 2 (PS2 for short) is the worlds most powerful games console, its 10 times as powerful as the original Playstation which means that the graphics and sound are simply amazing.
This machine truly takes you to the peak of interactive entertainment; it not only plays games but also has a built in DVD player, which allows you to watch DVD movies. The Playstation 2 is now destined to become even more popular than its predecessor, having sold a staggering 10 million units in only 5 months. This means simply that your investing in the future, every major developer is now producing games for the PS2 and already the PS2 has some great games released for it. Such as Zone of Enders (Z.O.E.), Timesplitters and TekkenTagTournament. But as they say the best is yet to come with GranTurismo3, MetalGearSolid 2, Silent Hill2, WWF Smackdown 3 and the Getaway sure to be big hits when they’re released later this year.
Mon 07/09/09 at 19:05
Regular
"GONE FISHIN"
1st John Lehane 20lb 7oz

2nd Don Slaymaker 18lb 7oz

3rd Les Reece 17lb 12oz
Wed 18/04/01 at 11:58
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I have a PS2 and PC.
For single player fun, I use the PC.
For multiplayer shenanigins, PS2.
I used to have a N64 but sold it because it wasn't for me (NOTE TO RABID N64 PEEPS - I just said it wasn't MY bag), mate has a Dreamcast and it's good.

I bought a PS2 because I own(ed) a PSX and enjoyed it immensely, even 4-5 years after the launch - It was a logical step to get a PS2.

I'll get a DC when they come down a bit, I enjoyed Crazy Taxi and Soul Caliber and that was about all I played.

X-Box might be ok, I'll wait and see, certainly not pre-ordering one. I like my PC a lot, simply for the games and Net capability and if they can pull off a console, good.

Gamecube I won't be touching, simply becuase I found the N64 to be a waste of money. Again, that's just my opinion of a console I owned. I'm not slamming the N64, merely saying I didnt enjoy it and found the asking price and games price too much for what they were.

Does anyone else remember the others?
Jaguar, Neo-Geo...er...3DO
Wed 18/04/01 at 11:39
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I have never dissed the DC. I own one and love it, I have 23 games for it. I must admit that I havent bought a game for it in a few months but thats becuase there isnt any games that I have wanted. I think that the DC has got great games, Shenmue, MSR, F355, Soul Caliabur, DoA2, Crazy Taxi, RE:CV, the list goes on and on. More great games are being released in the future which I will get.

To me it seems that Pagey has miss read us. Yes we do own a PS2 but that doesnt mean we are loyal fans that will only buy a PS2 and will diss every other console. Sony dont brainwash people, there maybe people who are biased towards Sony and only like Sony but you can also say that about Nintendo and Sega. Each company has its set of devoted fans. But alot of us here own and play on all the consoles and the PC. Wookie, Ant e.t.c can back me up here.

I own at the moment a PC, PS1, PS2, N64 and a DC. I play on the PC a little, but I mainy use it for the internet and school work e.t.c. PS2 and DC is what I play on most. I never play on the N64 anymore. I play on the PS1 as I have FF9 which iam still playing.

I want to get an X-Box as it looks to become a great gaming console. Iam still unsure whether to get my deposit down now, or to wait a bit nearer the date. I also am interested in the Game Cube. Nintendo may have made a poor attempt of the N64 in my eyes but that doesnt mean that they will get the Game Cube wrong.
Wed 18/04/01 at 11:37
"High polygon count"
I don't recall ever dissing the DC. Or any other console, come to think of it.

The only time I've ever taken a poke at any machine has been in fun.
Wed 18/04/01 at 10:38
Regular
"I like cheese"
Can I ask you something Wookiee, adrian and M16??

When did we diss the Dreamcast???

The DC is a wicked console, with some superb games, but I decided to get a PS2 because I liked the look of the games being released for it.

I didn't get a DC because I never really got into my Mega Drive, and I decided if I was gonna get one console, it was the PS2.
Wed 18/04/01 at 09:32
"High polygon count"
Pagey wrote:
> WOW! Maybe hardcore gamers can own PS2s. Wookiee, did you own a Mega
> Drive? A Master System? Are you a PC gamer? There must be an
> explanation.

Gameboy, Game Gear (which I still have), and yes - PC games. The game I left here to play last night was Project IGI.

> Yeah 5 hours is short. Not sure about 48 hours though.
> You'd probably go mental.

I was mental way before that!
Wed 18/04/01 at 00:42
Regular
"accidental superher"
i'm not a hardcore gamer....and i don't care...anyway no one has actually really defined what a casual gamer is...and why they are so despicable...

for example....i think i play quite a lot (about 4 hours a day and to me that is already quite a lot)...i mean playing 48hrs like wookie just seems insane (don't worry wookie i'm not insulting you...so no fight please).

I mean is it really that great an honour to be a "HARDCORE GAMER"....well to me not really. you just play games cos you like it not to prove something..

btw pagey...so that you don't start bickering with me as well....i don't have a ps2 and i own a dc (but i plan to get a ps 2 or x box cos there seem to be some really cool games).
Wed 18/04/01 at 00:28
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Pagey, yes shenmue is a great game. See my post on the DC forum for what i think of it.

I never said anything anti Sega, so you could say you started this argument.

Your PSO was a good topic which is why i said that it was good and that your put hard effort into it.
Wed 18/04/01 at 00:10
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
M16 wrote:
> Pagey I have no respect for you now.

You come on the PS2 forums
> shouting stuff about Sony being rubbish and how you are such a hard
> core gamer, we don’t care about your petty thoughts. And if you’re a
> hard core gamer does that make you a better person than a casual
> gamer? I think not…

Well, if you lived in Hull you would think differently.

And does it matter what sort of gamer you
> are? If you’re a casual gamer or a hard-core gamer, as long as you
> have fun that’s all that counts. If you’re such a hard gamer why do
> you insist on saying stupid things like “Yeah, Sony made gaming what
> it is today...CRAP! “ Not only are you saying Sony are not a good
> company your also saying that the gaming world is crap. What are you
> on? How can the gaming world be crap? Honestly, you took me by
> surprise when you say that! And you claim to be a hard core gamer?
> Sure…

I'm depressed with the gaming world. There are quality games but there should be more. There are too many crap games being released which sucks.

You go on about how Sony attracted the casual gamer people,
> and this is bad because? There are casual gamers for every console.
> And don’t give me crap about Nintendo fans are all hard core,
> because there are around 10,000,000 fans for nintendo, and unless
> you know each and every fan, you can not say this.

S'pose your right there.

Just lay off
> the PS2, if you don’t like it don’t get your grubby hands on it. I’m
> sure Sony won’t mind not getting a little moron like you on their
> customer list.

Me, moron? I don't want to be on their customer list anyway. I would be brainwashed.

Sorry for the harsh words but you have really
> offended me with the posts you have done. I would like to ask you
> politely now, please stop with the anti Sony posts. If you do want
> to carry on offending people like Ant Wookiee Adrian, and myself
> make your posts worth reading, and back up your points with a
> good/true explanation.

I will stop BUT ONLY if you stop! I thought the PSO story was a start for a good post.

And before you accuse me of being just a
> Sony fan, I have a PSX, PS2, Dreamcast, Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game
> Boy Colour and a N64.

Very nice.
Tue 17/04/01 at 23:59
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
The only reason I started dissing Sony was because you people were dissing Sega long ago. I would never start an argument, only fight back with my own thoughts.

Anyway, I can't be f**ked with this hardcore/casual gamer topic anymore. You guys are milking it more than I am. Lets discuss.........

Shenmue

Top game

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.