GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Invest in the Future of Gaming : Invest in a Playstation2."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/03/01 at 22:43
Regular
The Playstation 2 (PS2 for short) is the worlds most powerful games console, its 10 times as powerful as the original Playstation which means that the graphics and sound are simply amazing.
This machine truly takes you to the peak of interactive entertainment; it not only plays games but also has a built in DVD player, which allows you to watch DVD movies. The Playstation 2 is now destined to become even more popular than its predecessor, having sold a staggering 10 million units in only 5 months. This means simply that your investing in the future, every major developer is now producing games for the PS2 and already the PS2 has some great games released for it. Such as Zone of Enders (Z.O.E.), Timesplitters and TekkenTagTournament. But as they say the best is yet to come with GranTurismo3, MetalGearSolid 2, Silent Hill2, WWF Smackdown 3 and the Getaway sure to be big hits when they’re released later this year.
Wed 28/03/01 at 22:43
The Playstation 2 (PS2 for short) is the worlds most powerful games console, its 10 times as powerful as the original Playstation which means that the graphics and sound are simply amazing.
This machine truly takes you to the peak of interactive entertainment; it not only plays games but also has a built in DVD player, which allows you to watch DVD movies. The Playstation 2 is now destined to become even more popular than its predecessor, having sold a staggering 10 million units in only 5 months. This means simply that your investing in the future, every major developer is now producing games for the PS2 and already the PS2 has some great games released for it. Such as Zone of Enders (Z.O.E.), Timesplitters and TekkenTagTournament. But as they say the best is yet to come with GranTurismo3, MetalGearSolid 2, Silent Hill2, WWF Smackdown 3 and the Getaway sure to be big hits when they’re released later this year.
Thu 29/03/01 at 08:05
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
you dont have to convince most of us, afterall this is a forum for PS2 fans
Thu 29/03/01 at 09:23
"High polygon count"
That's true, humpo, but if I recall correctly, New Jimmy is not the greatest Sony fan. As with Grix recent comments, we should be happy that PS2 is finally starting to convince at least some of its previous 'doubters'.

Of course it doesn't necessarily mean that either Grix or Jimmy will buy a PS2, but at least they have the sense and maturity to appreciate the machine for what it is, and rise above the usual petty bias that others find so hard to shake off.

That'll do for me!
Thu 29/03/01 at 09:44
I was just shocked that the Playstation2 has actually sold so many units. Its good news for the industry and the future of gaming, and means that people can be sure that when they buy a PS2 it will continue to be well supported and be around for a long time to come !
Thu 29/03/01 at 10:05
"High polygon count"
I agree, Jimmy - it's surely good news for all gamers, not just Sony/PS2 fans.

Strange, though, that some people still manage to look on the PS2 launch as a failure. Granted there were mistakes and hiccups, but if 10 million units is a 'failure', those who are strictly anti-Sony must be *extremely* glad that it wasn't a success! ;-)
Thu 29/03/01 at 20:56
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
My mind has been put to rest now. I was worried that the PS2 was not going to be as successful as the PS1, but as I say, my mind has been put to rest now.

When I first got my PS2 I thought it was the best thing I had ever owned before, but that feeling soon went when I completed SSX and I didn’t fancy any other games that were out. I only had SSX and Timesplitters since November and had nothing else since Zone Of The Enders.

I was getting really concerned with my PS2, thinking, “have I made the wrong decision”?

I was hearing many people complaining about their PS2 breaking too, so I was really worried that it could happen to me. However, if the worse did happen, I am sure Sony will replace it for me ASAP. Full credit to Sony on this matter, because I think they have done a wonderful job with replacing PS2’s (apart from Pander, but I put that down as pure bad luck)

I think that I have had my PS2 for too long for it to go wrong though, so hopefully I will be lucky enough to have a PS2 that works perfectly. *Crosses fingers*

*Uncrosses fingers to continue typing*

Now, after playing the magnificent demo of Metal Gear Solid 2, and the cool robot beat-em-up I have gained faith in Sony. I am starting to think that the rough days for the PS2 are now over, and I hope that the game sin the future will be as good as I hope they’re going to be. I won’t bother to tell you all the game sthat are due out because I’m sure you have heard f them dozens of times before.

I always knew that the graphics on the PS2 were superb but I was hoping that the gameplay would be just as good. And my wishes have come true, all though I have only got a handful of PS2 games; I am very pleased with the outcome.

I am not sure on what other PS2 owners will think, but for me I am now really pleased with Sony and the PS2 and the PS2 is starting to in my good books :)
To the people differing weather to get a Playstation2 or not, I would say definitely get it. I do not just say that because I own one, I just think that it’s great value for money. Your getting a top of the range DVD player, a CD player, and most important of all, a top-of-the-range console!
The PS2 is not an issue IMO because I can not see the PS2 going out of business for at least 5 years.
Don’t be put off by people saying that the PS3 will be out soon, and Sony will dump the PS2 to work on the PS3 because that is a load of rubbish. Yes, there may well be a PS3 one day, but it will not be in the near future, and if you do want to wait another 4-5-6-7-8 or however many years for the PS3, so be it but I would advise you to purchase a PS2 right away.
Sony are not fools, they know that their PS2 has sold around 10 million units so they will not let down all their 10 million customers down, will they?

Another good reason that I think the PS2 will not go out of business is because of how wealthy Sony are, unlike Sega who dropped the Dreamcast because they didn’t have enough money left. Dreamcast is far from dead though because it is going to be treated with some excellent titles this year.

If the PS2 really doesn’t appeal to you, I would suggest you get a Dreamast because there are some really good deals out now days and there are some top quality games out for it all ready, then when the X-box comes out, get that!

Whatever console you get, just enjoy it for what it is, a games console that plays great games on it. Don’t just go for X-console because X-console is the most liked by people and because your mate says that his X- console is great. Get a console because you know that you will enjoy the games that it has got.

Thanks for reading,

-M16-
Fri 30/03/01 at 09:16
Your right MI6 many people were worried that they may have made a wrong choice in buying a PS2. Sony recieved a lot of bad press at Christmas due to its fumbled launch, however these early problems aside the PS2 has already been very successful, and looks certain to be even more popular than the PS1. Even though there were only a few great games available at launch such as SSX and Timesplitters it now looks as if the tide is turning with the likes of Z.O.E. leading the way in what is sure to be a flood of hit titles.

Your last point is the probably the best advice for console buyers I've ever heard. Buy a console because you like the games on it, dont just buy a console because its hyped up, look at the games available for it first then make up your mind.
Fri 30/03/01 at 15:30
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
New Jimmy wrote:

Your last
> point is the probably the best advice for console buyers I've ever
> heard.

Thank you Jimmy.
The worrying thing is, people will buy a console ONLY because it has had loads of hype. Most people on these forums know a lot about consoles, most probably more than me, so I doubt they will buy a games console just on hype.

I even said the thing about buying a console because you like it etc. to my mate at school today, and I think it actually sunk into his little brain of his :-)
Fri 30/03/01 at 16:57
Regular
"You've upset me"
Well done M16! You won GAD!!

Congrats

RBS
Fri 30/03/01 at 18:23
Congratulations M16 you won! :-)

What PS2 game do you think you'll get????

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.