GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Contemplating suicide?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/01/04 at 10:47
Regular
"Omnipresent"
Suicide. Killing yourself. Ending insignificance and monotomy. What is the meaning of life? No one knows. What is our purpose? To reproduce, to keep the species going, to survive.

But what's the point? If your down, why not contemplate suicide? Many do, but most of them are chickens, seeking attention. If you wanted to kill yourself, you wouldn't OD in your room, you'd lie solitary, propped against a wall bordering a field and swallow the vast array of tablets you'd been collecting. If I was going to commit suicide, I'd take out my enemy's first.

Anyway, how are you all...
Sun 25/01/04 at 00:57
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I don't think it's a matter of WANTING to commit suicide I think you need to have a certain drive behind it. You see many people want to. I have wanted to to the point where I cut myself multiple times. Did I go through with it though? No I could never bring myself to do it across the wrists as I was scared. I wanted to die but I did not have the drive. I was not clynically depressed or anything just having a really hard time when I needed some support. I know from experience it takes guts to drag a blade across your wrist and I could never do it and I think many people who have also been in the same situation believe that if it was easy then there would be millions more dead people than per usual because they've done it at that one point in their life when they really wanted to despite the fact that in maybe a week, day or even a few hours they would feel better.
Sun 25/01/04 at 00:54
Regular
"Monochromatic"
am i alone in thinking that this topic has gotten really uncomfortable?
Sun 25/01/04 at 00:51
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I would be close to saying “attempt” suicide is a cry for help. Why? Because if someone truly wants to commit suicide, they wont fail.
Sun 25/01/04 at 00:49
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Don't dismiss Locky's comment so quickly IB. I think it holds merit to a certain extent. If comitting suicide was as easy as clicking your fingers god knows how many people would be dead. Everyone has thought of killing themselves at least once haven't they? I know I have but have never done it and do you know why? Because I have never had the guts to do it. ODing in my bedroom, hanging myself. Think of yourself standing on a chair with a rope tied around your neck. You'd have to be scared, everyone would. Only the truly clynically or just severely depressed people go through with it though because everyone else is just going through a rough patch when they are crying out for help although they'll most likely never have the guts to do what they threaten because actually trying to kill yourself is not as easy as clicking your fingers, it takes courage to do such damage to yourself.
Sun 25/01/04 at 00:44
Regular
"Monochromatic"
most people just think is being miserable.
Sun 25/01/04 at 00:40
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
But IB is correct with what he said. I have seen a member of my family go through serious depression and all that he said is true.
Sun 25/01/04 at 00:35
Regular
This is too depressing.

Far too heavy.
Sat 24/01/04 at 23:49
"Darkness, always"
locky1133 wrote:
> But what's the point? If your down, why not contemplate suicide? Many
> do, but most of them are chickens, seeking attention.

Idiot. Seeking attention before depression truly forces you to end your life is hardly a "chicken" act. Some people have genuine problems interfacing with society in what might be deemed an acceptable manner by others. If they struggle to find the kind of interaction they need, and either aren;t aware of or lack the courage to make use of the free forms of help available to them, making a cry for help is the only option left.

Have I contemplated suicide? Several times, even came close a few times. I'm lucky though. I had a girlfriend who practically forced me to go into councelling, to take drugs that tried to improve my mood and to help me find outlets for my tensions and depression.

You want to know what is cowardly? Sneering at people who's problems you utterly fail to comprehend in an ignorant and condescending moment of stupidity during which you decided to write that.

Fool.
Sat 24/01/04 at 21:10
Regular
"Monochromatic"
id rather go to jail,im to much of a coward to kill myself.and its not being miserable by choice,its a illness that i have no control over.
Sat 24/01/04 at 18:38
Regular
"SOUP!"
I killed myself once but it didnt work out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.