GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Contemplating suicide?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/01/04 at 10:47
Regular
"Omnipresent"
Suicide. Killing yourself. Ending insignificance and monotomy. What is the meaning of life? No one knows. What is our purpose? To reproduce, to keep the species going, to survive.

But what's the point? If your down, why not contemplate suicide? Many do, but most of them are chickens, seeking attention. If you wanted to kill yourself, you wouldn't OD in your room, you'd lie solitary, propped against a wall bordering a field and swallow the vast array of tablets you'd been collecting. If I was going to commit suicide, I'd take out my enemy's first.

Anyway, how are you all...
Sun 25/01/04 at 03:02
Regular
"relocated"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> You want to know what is cowardly? Sneering at people who's problems
> you utterly fail to comprehend in an ignorant and condescending
> moment of stupidity during which you decided to write that.

Bingo.

I've suffered badly from depression myself - it pretty much stole two years of my life and would have ruined my life completely had I not had an immensively supportive family and loyal friends. It's almost impossible to describe depression and even now I find it hard to empathise properly with people who are depressed, despite having gone through it myself. I strongly believe it was what I did (with some prompting from a psychologist and my family) rather than the drugs I was given that changed my situation - but psycholgical help was the last thing I was offered. Drugs are cheaper, I suppose.

But for god's sake don't avoid getting some help. Flockhart, I don't know whether you've been treated for your depression or what but, impossible as it is to believe, people have gone through what you've gone through and come out the other side. Whatever I write now would sound hollow and flimsy but I think that if you fight it then you'll beat it, or at least make it p*ss off for awhile.
Sun 25/01/04 at 01:33
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Don't you shake your head at me like that boy. Now say sorry.
Sun 25/01/04 at 01:32
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
*shakes head sternly at E_B*
Sun 25/01/04 at 01:23
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Yes you will. Why? Because I say so.
Sun 25/01/04 at 01:22
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I said sorry the second time for being wrong the first time lol. I will not say sorry again though:P
Sun 25/01/04 at 01:16
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Why are you apologising?

It was to do with work.
Sun 25/01/04 at 01:14
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Sorry I just thought I better say sorry for your loss because I didn't know who close you were to the deceased and didn't want to seem disrespectful or whatever just by ignoring that comment and not at least saying sorry:)
Sun 25/01/04 at 01:10
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I didn't lose someone close to me, so don't feel sorry for me, I have just SEEN what it is like after someone has done it.
Sun 25/01/04 at 01:07
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I agree one hundred percent with you E_B and I'm sorry you lost someone to suicide. I'm glad you agree with me though in saying that only those that TRULY want to and have a drive to like the person you mention actually do it. There are a significant amount of other people that don't do it despite fully wanting to.
Sun 25/01/04 at 01:01
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Of course it is not easy to kill yourself. But what I was saying is that if someone truly “wants” to end it, they will.

To me what you were suffering from sounds like depression. I have seen people go through it, I have seen self-harmers, I will not insult you by pretending that this means I understand what you were feeling though.

I have seen suicide, I have seen someone that truly wanted to end it, and believe me, he did it in such a way as there would be no saving him.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.