GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Contemplating suicide?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/01/04 at 10:47
Regular
"Omnipresent"
Suicide. Killing yourself. Ending insignificance and monotomy. What is the meaning of life? No one knows. What is our purpose? To reproduce, to keep the species going, to survive.

But what's the point? If your down, why not contemplate suicide? Many do, but most of them are chickens, seeking attention. If you wanted to kill yourself, you wouldn't OD in your room, you'd lie solitary, propped against a wall bordering a field and swallow the vast array of tablets you'd been collecting. If I was going to commit suicide, I'd take out my enemy's first.

Anyway, how are you all...
Thu 22/01/04 at 23:27
Regular
"Monochromatic"
if you were going to kill yourself i would suggest that you do the world a service and take as many childkillers with you,or you could just kill them anyway and go to jail instead where life is simple.
could i be done for inciting violence if he did it and blamed me?
Thu 22/01/04 at 14:30
Regular
"Omnipresent"
I was thinkin' playing the music from StarshipTroopers playing full on a stereo strapped to my back, running down the street takin' down rude boys. ;)
Thu 22/01/04 at 14:10
Regular
Suicide is just a way of transferring all the terrible pain and agony you feel, onto those who love you. In this way it is terribly selfish, not to mention cowardly.

If you're gonna do it though, climb a clock tower with a footlocker full of rifles, and take as many people with you as you can, Charles Whitman style!
Thu 22/01/04 at 13:22
"Mimmargh!"
Kill yourself? Ahhh that was my idea!

Oh well I can still enter the pinapple derby.
Thu 22/01/04 at 13:04
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Wanting some attention is nothing to be ashamed of - almost everyone feels like that at some point in their life. The key to it is to let those who you care about - and who care about you - know that you need some attention, love or just an ear to talk to.

Suicide has been something I've thought about on occasion, but it's never gotten any further than thinking about it mainly because of how it would affect the people I care about. My mum already blames herself for my disability (muscular dystrophy) and when I imagine how she'd feel if I topped myself without going to her for help first I just breakdown and cry. Once I've realised how stupid it would be for me to do it for that reason, I think about some of the good things in life: waking up at 6am and realising you haven't got to get up; laughing at a joke so much it hurts; meeting a friend you haven't seen for ages; and, more recently, my dog.

And there's always that old chestnut: there's always someone worse off than you.

Cheer up, man.

;^)
Thu 22/01/04 at 12:55
Regular
"Omnipresent"
My attitude to the course is a little apathetic. I would have chosen English, but I couldn't afford to get in.

I love my girlfriend (she has faults - but everyone does) so I'd miss snuggling upto her at night.
Thu 22/01/04 at 12:51
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
locky1133 wrote:
> Why do bad things come in a group. It never rains...
>
> Still, people have it harder than me. I acknowledge that. Thanks
> y'all.

Chin up, and just take one thing at a time. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

In a years time, you'll look back on this year with a smile, and think I'm so glad I got through all that. Cos if you get through the hard stuff, the little problems will be easy.

I think you should forget about the girl (easier said than done, I know) but just try to focus on sorting 1 of your problems out, and don't let her plague your thoughts, cos that will stop you sorting your 1 problem out. If you think about why you're doing badly at uni - are you not enjoying your course? Do you not really get on with anyone there? Is something else stopping you from enjoying the experience?
Thu 22/01/04 at 12:47
Regular
"Omnipresent"
Why do bad things come in a group. It never rains...

Still, people have it harder than me. I acknowledge that. Thanks y'all.
Thu 22/01/04 at 12:45
Regular
"Omnipresent"
RoJ wrote:
> Killing yourself is stoopid. That means anyone that hates you will be
> relieved and joyful. A lot of people hate me and I couldn't possibly
> kill them all, so I have to stay alive.

Some good comments, esp. the one above. I never give suicide more than a quick thought, like most people. I was just seeking attention, I s'pose. It seems I'm a chicken.
Thu 22/01/04 at 11:44
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Killing yourself is stoopid. That means anyone that hates you will be relieved and joyful. A lot of people hate me and I couldn't possibly kill them all, so I have to stay alive.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.