GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox connection help please"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/08/09 at 16:30
Regular
"THFC"
Well as some of you might have read on the general forum. I am constantly getting kicked from call of duty online matches. It is very annoying and I am hoping there may be a fix. My xbox is connected via cable from my router. Any ideas? Thank
Tue 01/09/09 at 12:19
Regular
"THFC"
thanks for the info, ill work my way through what i can. Should hopefully help me out!

I am at work now so i can't get too much info about my connection at home, still ill look at it and see if i can post details on here tonight.
Tue 01/09/09 at 16:10
Regular
"THFC"
Well i am online at home and the speed seems to be like before or a bit better possibly (880kbps lol) so not great but i cant get much better around here and im on wireless which is normally weaker for me anyway.

The test will be later on when i plat COD and hopefully with the cable connected i will not get kicked from games. If i do then thats when i come back looking for even more help lol.

Thanks again Freeola and Moto for sorting this out, been a big help this far.
Tue 01/09/09 at 17:52
Regular
"THFC"
well i still got kicked out of a game in COD for the same reason. But it is not happening as often. Still really dont know what could cause it, the internet must cut out for like a second.

I will try get my details for people to see on here, but what in particular do i need and how do i get it (treat me as an idiot)

EDIT:
I can get on to my router now and can see lots of stuff that means nothing to me lol, thanks to Hmmm and the link earlier posted.

But which details will you need to try find an issue?? Cant find sync and that
Thu 03/09/09 at 08:39
Regular
"THFC"
Anyone able to offer any more help on this - like i said i can now get on the router details when at home but aint sure what i need to look for or do???

Keep getting kicked and running out of options lol
Thu 03/09/09 at 09:20
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
What router do you have Emmie? Maybe we will be able to find these settings for you.
Thu 03/09/09 at 09:41
Regular
"THFC"
It is a 3com one - not at home at the moment so thats all i can give you lol.

I know im a pain being so technically dense, but if anyone can suggest ways to fix it is much appreciated.

Like i said i got on the router settings but had no idea what would be wrong / right while in there lol
Thu 03/09/09 at 10:14
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I get kicked off Resistance 2 a lot it seems (especially one where I was on to break the experience record, was on around 50k exp and was only halfway through the map)

I know my connection has issues though. And my wireless being a 10th of a wired connection doesn't help.

Can you somehow manage to get a wired connection mate? Seems that my wired connection on the old 360 Live dropped out half as much as the wireless PS3 (although so many differences there its hardly conclusive evidence)
Thu 03/09/09 at 10:39
Regular
"THFC"
well i run an ethernet cable from the router to the Xbox, so i fail to see why the connection should break.

I got the cable to try fix getting bad connection, so i have a 10m grey cable run across the house lol
Fri 04/09/09 at 08:31
Regular
"THFC"
any suggestions? getting desperate now lol
Fri 04/09/09 at 08:47
"Are you sure?"
I see you've managed to reach your routers 'stats' page using the link I gave earlier.

If you see my even earlier link, useful figures from your router would be:

Attenuation
Sync (this is the connection speed or my say bandwidth or similar)
SNR - your router might call this 'noise margin' or something similar.

Failing that just post all the statistics you can find from your router so we can try to make some sense of things!

NB. I'm suggesting this to see how 'healthy' your adsl line is, but as I mentioned at the start I'm no games expert so you could well have other issues.

I take it your broadband/adsl connection is performing perfectly?
i.e. No drop outs or hangs when surfing.
Your router may also show your 'uptime' which would be good to see.

If you view your routers 'event log' it may also have some useful information if there are issues around the time you lose your games connection.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.