GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox connection help please"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/08/09 at 16:30
Regular
"THFC"
Well as some of you might have read on the general forum. I am constantly getting kicked from call of duty online matches. It is very annoying and I am hoping there may be a fix. My xbox is connected via cable from my router. Any ideas? Thank
Tue 25/08/09 at 16:30
Regular
"THFC"
Well as some of you might have read on the general forum. I am constantly getting kicked from call of duty online matches. It is very annoying and I am hoping there may be a fix. My xbox is connected via cable from my router. Any ideas? Thank
Tue 25/08/09 at 17:00
"Are you sure?"
I haven't a clue about xbox and gaming I'm afraid, but...

No doubt a major factor in online gaming will be down to the health of your ADSL connection.

Hopefully posting here, you are already on Freeola Broadband rather than some of the 'cheap and nasty' providers I could mention! ;¬)

Can you post your line stats (sync/attenuation/snrm) ?
Also the results from speedtester.bt.com ?

This will allow people to see what your line looks like.

Lots of 'gamers' like to have interleaving turned off (if their line can handle it) - this puts your line in 'fast' mode and reduces latency(delay) which is obviously good for gaming!

Freeola mention in my Understanding ADSL thread to contact them if you would like this turned off.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 25/08/09 at 18:30
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Might also be worth checking out your NAT type. It may be set to strict which caused me to be kicked out of a lot of games - really frustrating when you're winning.

Check nat by doing a 'test xbox live connection' from the system tab after pressing the guide button. If it comes up moderate or strict Id suggest opening the required ports on your router.

You'll get a step by step guide on port forward Just select your router from the list and then xbox live 360.
Tue 25/08/09 at 18:48
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Also - when running the test to check NAT it won't tell you it is open it will simply complete the test. It will only flag up if your NAT is moderate or strict.
Wed 26/08/09 at 07:39
Regular
"THFC"
ok, looks like i got some things to try, i am going to be connected with Freeola on the 28th (so they tell me)

I will post the details if i am having difficulty after trying the NAT thing, it seems weird that it is only Call of Duty that normally does it. Thanks for the help and i will let you know how i get on tonight!
Wed 26/08/09 at 11:09
"possibly impossible"
Emmie87 wrote:
> ok, looks like i got some things to try, i am going to be
> connected with Freeola on the 28th (so they tell me)
>
Hah, same date as I got too.

NAT settings certainly seem to make a difference though.
Wed 26/08/09 at 12:38
Regular
"THFC"
lol, cool. I will try and get it sorted when i get home and if it works then i am very thankful! It gets so annoying going online and getting kicked out of each game.
Wed 26/08/09 at 17:47
Regular
"THFC"
Right, so i tested my connection, it never flagged an issue and said everything is fine, i am connected to xbox live etc etc.

Play COD4 - half way through the first game and i get kicked out, "error connecting to the network"

I am booted off Xbox Live but then if i try re-connect it is fine until i go play again and get kicked off.

Any ideas as to what could be happening, not NAT issues were shown on Xbox when testing connection, it let had no hazzard sign or anything. Could it be my Internet provider???

It is really annoying now and i am getting stressed with it lol
Wed 26/08/09 at 17:58
Regular
"THFC"
The message i get is;
"Network Connection Lost"
Wed 26/08/09 at 20:25
"Are you sure?"
Emmie87 wrote:
> The message i get is;
> "Network Connection Lost"

That sounds like you've lost your network connection! :¬P

I refer you to my first post...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.