GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox connection help please"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/08/09 at 16:30
Regular
"THFC"
Well as some of you might have read on the general forum. I am constantly getting kicked from call of duty online matches. It is very annoying and I am hoping there may be a fix. My xbox is connected via cable from my router. Any ideas? Thank
Thu 27/08/09 at 07:50
Regular
"THFC"
I dont know how to find out all my line details lol (i know i am useless)

the weird thing is - i was playing it late last night and never got kicked, then this morning and didnt get kicked. Could it be something to do with my current IP and peak time gaming?
Fri 28/08/09 at 15:59
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
Hey again Emmie87

Thanks for your call earlier, my colleague told me the make and model of your Router, so for anybody else that wants to help out have a bit more information!

3com Router

I will have a read through myself and see if there is anything obvious I can suggest.
Fri 28/08/09 at 16:08
"Are you sure?"
3com router stats

Have you moved to Freeola today so you can also check your interleaving status?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 28/08/09 at 19:18
Regular
"How Ironic"
There's a very simple explanation. In the style of Clarkson, "Due to the unique way Microsoft is funded, their connections don't work very well".

On a more serious note, i get this all the time myself (yes, on CoD). My connection isn't the best, but i usually find myself put into a different match with the exact same people (meaning that the match host itself was the problem, and not anything to do with my connection).
Tue 01/09/09 at 07:54
Regular
"THFC"
Hi thanks for all the help - i am with Freeola, however i need to call them today, my connection at home is so slow since the move and i need to see what the problem is, i think we were getting like 0.07MB - some sites say i should be able to get 1.5 but others say 1 - just need to know why the connection and speed now is so slow. Hopefully someone can help and just a heads up that the call is coming, didnt have a chance over the weekend with it being bank holiday.

Once i can get my connection speed back to where it should be i can look to focus on the Xbox again, Hmmm what stas would you need to try identify a problem. As you are aware i am not very technical so sorry to be a pain lol.
Tue 01/09/09 at 08:24
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
Hey Emmie,

I'm fairly certain I know what this issue is. When an account is migrated to Freeola and there is no record of what their BRAS profile is, some accounts find that they are capped ourside by the lowest profile possible (135, or there abouts).

Leave it with me, I'll make a call and see if I can get this resolved for you.

Otherwise try and let you know!

Edit: Made the call, this was the case. Reboot your router and you should be solved.
Tue 01/09/09 at 08:28
Regular
"THFC"
when yo say reboot (you mean like we did on the phone - power off lol)
will i need to set up any details again or is this only when i held in the reset button?

EDIT: I will try this when i go hom, thanks for looking at it so quick : D
Tue 01/09/09 at 08:50
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
Yup, just remove the power to the router for 2/3 minutes, that should do it me thinks.

The router will restore to factory settings if you hold the reset button like we did, don't do this now! :)

Shouldn't need to configure anything again, Routers generally maintain their settings after power downs.
Tue 01/09/09 at 08:57
Regular
"THFC"
cool, then i can hopefully be back on normal (or quicker) speed. It was weird, facebook, hotmail and things like that were generally fine, but gameaday and other sites just would not load!

Ah well, hopefully this will sort it all out and its all good.
Tue 01/09/09 at 11:31
"Are you sure?"
Emmie87 wrote:
> Hmmm what stas would you need to try identify a problem.

Hi Emmie87,
I see Freeola are already on the case for you.

But to answer your query.
If you can try wading through my understanding adsl max post you should hopefully start to get a feel for how things work.

Use the other link I gave earlier in this thread so that you can find out your line's:
sync (connection rate/speed)
attenuation (length/quality of phone line from exchange) and
snr (signal to noise ratio).

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.