GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox connection help please"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/08/09 at 16:30
Regular
"THFC"
Well as some of you might have read on the general forum. I am constantly getting kicked from call of duty online matches. It is very annoying and I am hoping there may be a fix. My xbox is connected via cable from my router. Any ideas? Thank
Thu 10/09/09 at 20:43
Regular
"THFC"
After several long haul games on Call of Duty 4 i have still not been kicked, this is great news and makes me even more excited about Modern Warfare 2!

Thanks Freeola
Thu 10/09/09 at 10:29
Regular
"THFC"
will do, i hope this could be the real fix lol, i will try again tonight and see where i get with it.
Thu 10/09/09 at 09:49
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Glad you are now up and running, (or seem to be anyway). Keep an eye on it and let us now if it starts playing up again.
Wed 09/09/09 at 20:44
Regular
"THFC"
lol - i aint going to believe it is fixed, but even if it was to reduce the kick outs by half i would be happy.

I just know it is being sneaky, waiting for me to get all excited about not getting kicked, then BAM it will throw me out lol.

Well it is deffo better so thanks and if it starts to go a bit iffy again, expect a call : D
Wed 09/09/09 at 19:25
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
I'm scared of Jinxing it, but Hurray!

You spoke to Numnut me thinks. I was waiting for your call this evening but you got through to him instead... :(.

Never mind, keep an eye on it, plenty of other things to try by the looks of it :)
Wed 09/09/09 at 19:12
Regular
"THFC"
I called support and spoke to a helpful chap. Not sure who - but with his help i put the firewall on my router down and this stopped all the timeout options from being active.

I played 4 games of COD4 and did not get kicked once, so a great start and hopefully it can stay like this!!

Thanks Freeola
Wed 09/09/09 at 12:59
Regular
"THFC"
thanks, ill try change the time out section but then if it still does not help then i may need to call up.
Wed 09/09/09 at 12:11
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Emmie87 wrote:
> (you just know when someone answers the phone and says "Oh
> **it it's Emmie" lol you will all be hoping you dont get
> that call!)

moto and numnutt working tonight, I'll give them fair warning :)

If you need help never be afraid to call, that's why we're here!
Wed 09/09/09 at 11:29
Regular
"THFC"
Would we say the best thing to do is when i get home to put a call in?? As if i am sitting looking at the routers settings with someone on the phone a problem might be indentified.

I can try mess about with the time out options as this could be what is causing it and hopefully it is so it can be fixed.

The thing i dont get is i can sign straight back into Xbox Live when i get kicked, so maybe when it does this time out thing it only lasts a second or so, but if it happens at a certain time i get kicked??

(you just know when someone answers the phone and says "Oh **it it's Emmie" lol you will all be hoping you dont get that call!)
Wed 09/09/09 at 10:28
"Are you sure?"
Eccles wrote:
> Not sure that disabling interleaving is a wise thing to do. From
> what I can see the line is not brilliant so turning off
> interleaving would make it worse (in terms of stability) and
> possibly result in more disconnections, not less, but no harm in
> trying as it can always be turned back on again!

Hmmm... wrote:
Lots of 'gamers' like to have interleaving turned off (if their line can handle it) - this puts your line in 'fast' mode and reduces latency(delay) which is obviously good for gaming!

Yep, it does sound like it's a rather ropey line unfortunately.

Your offer about remotely looking at Emmie's line stats sounds good.

Also if anyone is able to find out if Emmie has a modern BT Master Socket so he can try the TEST socket, that would be worthwhile...
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.