GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Matrix: Revolutions - DVD specs and release date"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/01/04 at 14:43
Regular
The 2 disc set is being released on April 2nd (according to both play and CDWOW)

"Special features include:

Revolutions Recalibrated – A behind-the-scenes overview that drills deep into the groundbreaking work that went into the final chapter.

CG Revolution – Explore the special effects arsenal and take an inside look at the making of the creatures and environs of the CGI-intensive third movie.

Super Burly Brawl – A crash course on the final Neo/Smith showdown with three multiple video streams: storyboards, behind-the-scenes and the final scene all running in sync.

Follow the White Rabbit – Watch the special features and select the White Rabbit icon to go further into the making of the film.

-- Neo Realism: The Evolution of Bullet Time – A closer look at how “Bullet Time” was taken to the next degree of madness.

-- Super Big Mini Models - The intricacies of filming in the world of models and miniatures.

-- Double Agent Smith – A look at what it took to make this incredible scene, including the work to replicate Hugo Weaving, with body doubles, lifelike mannequins, head casts and costumes.

-- Mind Over Matter: The Physicality of The Matrix – A look at what it takes for the actors and stunt people to perform the dramatic stunts of The Matrix.

• Future Gamer The Matrix Online – An introduction to the massive multi-player game The Matrix Online, created by the Wachowski Brothers.

• 3-D Evolution– Transition to different levels of the Matrix to view concept art, storyboards, pre-visualizations and realizations for several elements in Revolutions.

• Before the Revolution – 3-D timeline of the concurrent story development occurring in the Matrix between the Matrix trilogy, The Animatrix, and Enter the Matrix. "
Sun 18/01/04 at 17:17
Regular
I agree with all that, but there are tonnes of plot holes in the series, such as :

What happens to all the people who were took over by smith when the matrix is reset? - is the matrix now completely empty, or are those people 'brought back to life'?

and they fob you off with crappy none-sensical explanations :

Neo: "Tell me how I stopped 4 sentinels by thinking it..."
Oracle: "The power of the One extends beyond this world. It reaches from here all the way back to where it came from: The Source."

plus, what the hell happens to the little girl (sati) and seraph for most of revolutions?

I love the films, but they are seriously incomplete.
Sun 18/01/04 at 17:11
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Na, I didn't like it. The big robot action scenes were good, but there
> was far too little in-Matrix stuff and the final Neo-Smith fight was
> dreadful compared to their amazing encounter in the first film.

Wasn't that the whole point though? Reloaded was all about events in the Matrix - essentially the virtual -, but Revolutions was about the real world - the real -. In the context of the entire story it makes sense, because after Reloaded Neo knows that there is only one place he can go to which can end it, and that place is in the real world at the city of the machines.

Zion cannot hope to win, but it is because they are all human that they never give up despite the odds against them, being human ensures the final victory, along the same lines the kid that Neo saves in the Animatrix short is the one who essentially saves the day - an indidividual and not a collective like the machines. At the same time, the APU's turn people into machines, to stand a chance the Zion military must effectively turn itself into robots to beat robot, which echoes Neo's talking to the Councillor in Reloaded.

Neo and Smith? Yep, Neo beat him twice, but did he? After all Smith has returned each time so is that a victory? This time, to save Zion, to ensure the future, Neo must beat not simply beat Smith, but destroy him. The stakes are higherm because before it was a simple case of either Smith or Neo wins and the other loses, but this time that is different.

This isn't aimed at anyone here, but I think the problem with Revolotions and Reloaded in particular was that they required a little more thought than the original film whose mainstream popularity was carried largely, IMO, by the numerous black trenchcoat clad automatic weapons blazing gravity defying scenes...
Sun 18/01/04 at 16:59
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Na, I didn't like it. The big robot action scenes were good, but there
> was far too little in-Matrix stuff and the final Neo-Smith fight was
> dreadful compared to their amazing encounter in the first film.

Yep, agree wholeheartedly, although I thought the big robot action was *EXCELLENT*.

the last fight with smith was pathetic really.
Sun 18/01/04 at 16:57
Regular
"That's right!"
Na, I didn't like it. The big robot action scenes were good, but there was far too little in-Matrix stuff and the final Neo-Smith fight was dreadful compared to their amazing encounter in the first film.

I mean, we already knew Neo could beat Smith - hell, he beat up dozens of Smiths in the 2nd film. There was no indication that Smith had physically become faster or stronger (or that he could fly...) so why should we have cared? Should've put the burly brawl in Revolutions, and then had a one on one enounter at the end of that to end the trilogy.
Sun 18/01/04 at 16:41
Regular
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> a pleasing way to
> spend 2 hours.

amen
Sun 18/01/04 at 16:40
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Matrix Revolutions = satisfactory.

Not brilliant, not excellent, not outstanding, not awful, not atrocious, just satisfactory. It was a good film, a pleasing way to spend 2 hours.
Sun 18/01/04 at 16:26
Regular
you could be right
Sun 18/01/04 at 16:19
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
It's also more than likely going to be crap.
Sun 18/01/04 at 16:17
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2917
>
> An MMORPG. Some screens there.

hmm, we'll see.
Sun 18/01/04 at 16:14
"I love yo... lamp."
http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2917

An MMORPG. Some screens there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.