GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Matrix: Revolutions - DVD specs and release date"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/01/04 at 14:43
Regular
The 2 disc set is being released on April 2nd (according to both play and CDWOW)

"Special features include:

Revolutions Recalibrated – A behind-the-scenes overview that drills deep into the groundbreaking work that went into the final chapter.

CG Revolution – Explore the special effects arsenal and take an inside look at the making of the creatures and environs of the CGI-intensive third movie.

Super Burly Brawl – A crash course on the final Neo/Smith showdown with three multiple video streams: storyboards, behind-the-scenes and the final scene all running in sync.

Follow the White Rabbit – Watch the special features and select the White Rabbit icon to go further into the making of the film.

-- Neo Realism: The Evolution of Bullet Time – A closer look at how “Bullet Time” was taken to the next degree of madness.

-- Super Big Mini Models - The intricacies of filming in the world of models and miniatures.

-- Double Agent Smith – A look at what it took to make this incredible scene, including the work to replicate Hugo Weaving, with body doubles, lifelike mannequins, head casts and costumes.

-- Mind Over Matter: The Physicality of The Matrix – A look at what it takes for the actors and stunt people to perform the dramatic stunts of The Matrix.

• Future Gamer The Matrix Online – An introduction to the massive multi-player game The Matrix Online, created by the Wachowski Brothers.

• 3-D Evolution– Transition to different levels of the Matrix to view concept art, storyboards, pre-visualizations and realizations for several elements in Revolutions.

• Before the Revolution – 3-D timeline of the concurrent story development occurring in the Matrix between the Matrix trilogy, The Animatrix, and Enter the Matrix. "
Sun 18/01/04 at 19:05
Regular
I don't think it's a great film. I think it's a good film.

If you understood the film and dislike it then fine. You act like I was aiming my comment directly at you. Fact is, I was just making a generalisation.
Sun 18/01/04 at 19:01
Regular
"That's right!"
"In fact, the most common reason that I have found for people hating the final two films is because (even though many cannot admit it) they didn't understand it."

No, no, no, no, no, no, no. I understood what little plot it had, some of my mates at the cinema didn't and I had to explain it to them.

I didn't enjoy it because it wasn't a good film. Simple as that. Don't pull that "You must not have got it because it's a great film" crap. The film was a disappointment. I loved the first, liked the second, but the third WAS crap. No two ways about it.
Sun 18/01/04 at 19:00
Regular
The Oracle, Seraph and Sati are all programs, not humans.
Sun 18/01/04 at 18:59
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> Smith uses them to clone himself. That one's kind of obvious really:
>
> Oracle: What have you done with Sati?
> Smith #x: "Cookies need love, just like everything else
> does"
> Oracle: You are a bast*rd.

If that's true, and if they're then dead as you said earlier, why do they appear at the end of the film?
Sun 18/01/04 at 18:57
Regular
There were a few cliche moments, but the film can't really be called a "cash-in" - the intended on three films from the off. I actually thought Reeves acted really well as Neo, I don't see what was wrong with him.
Sun 18/01/04 at 18:11
Regular
Muh.

Watched it at the cinema, was majorly dissapointed with the rubbishness of it all. So boring and had "cash in" written all over it.

Hearing the audience laugh at how crap "Neo" was at acting is a sure sign of what they (and I) felt about the film

This is not on my 2004 DVD shopping list, thats for sure.
Sun 18/01/04 at 17:57
Regular
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> the fight at the end of revolutions I thought was a bit silly - there
> was no need for them to be flying everywhere, the only reason was so
> they could do some fancy graphical tricks.

Neo and Smith were both at the very peak of their strength. Both had absolute power and they were therefore fighting a pointless battle. The flying and such-like was to convey a sense of this.
Sun 18/01/04 at 17:54
Regular
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> What happens to all the people who were took over by smith when the
> matrix is reset? - is the matrix now completely empty, or are those
> people brought back to life'?

Good question. Well, the programs of Smith and The One are simultaneously destroyed as part of a balance within The Matrix. Neo allows himself to be taken over by Smith so that the machines can destroy Smith through Neo. At the end of the film, I think we are led to believe that Neo dies.

Therefore, I would probably say that all those taken over by Smith are killed. But I am unsure of this. Anyone else have any ideas?

> and they fob you off with crappy none-sensical explanations :
>
> Neo: "Tell me how I stopped 4 sentinels by thinking it..."
> Oracle: "The power of the One extends beyond this world. It
> reaches from here all the way back to where it came from: The
> Source."

Nonsense? I'd say it was quite straight forward. The One has a connection with The Source; Neo has a connection with the machines. The reason he is so special is because he is part man, part machine; the personification of a machine-man coexistence. Thus, Neo can control the machines and, while all other humans are looking to defeat the machines, Neo is looking for peace.

> plus, what the hell happens to the little girl (sati) and seraph for
> most of revolutions?

Smith uses them to clone himself. That one's kind of obvious really:

Oracle: What have you done with Sati?
Smith #x: "Cookies need love, just like everything else does"
Oracle: You are a bast*rd.
Sun 18/01/04 at 17:46
Regular
Alright, it wasn't 'pathetic', perhaps that was a bit harsh, but compared to the burly brawl in reloaded, it was a severe anti-climax. If they had swapped the two, and had the burly brawl at the end of revolutions, and extended it to include the important ending bit, then I think that would have been far better.

the fight at the end of revolutions I thought was a bit silly - there was no need for them to be flying everywhere, the only reason was so they could do some fancy graphical tricks.
Sun 18/01/04 at 17:41
Regular
Disappointing? Certainly. Crap? Definitely not. In fact, the most common reason that I have found for people hating the final two films is because (even though many cannot admit it) they didn't understand it. Honestly - the amount of times I have had to explain the plot, subtext and hidden meanings in Reloaded is beyond measure. And whatsmore, the majority appreciate the film much more once I've done so.

The Wachowskis are merely giving us what is required for us to work out what is going on ourselves. The more literate of you will know it is a technique that has been used by many great writers to encourage discussion, engagement of the reader and a unique interpretation by each person. Unfortunately, many people overlook this as dismiss the plot and dialogue as rubbish. Sad, considering it's just not true.

So I though Revolutions was good, as was Reloaded. They were flawed in certain aspects, and far off the near perfect original, but they made a nice end to a great trilogy. Oh, and it's beyond me how anyone could think the final fight between Smith and Neo was pathetic. I personally thought that from the point Trinity died (that did drag on) until the end, Revolutions was up to the excellent standard of the first film.

I will most certainly be buying this DVD.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.