GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do all you work?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/03/01 at 07:48
Regular
None of you are on here on the morning.Are you

A)Asleep
B)Working

I have to go to school.See ya in 7 hours:)

Bye
Shaneo
Tue 27/03/01 at 18:21
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
M16 wrote:

Any suggestions of what I can do guys?

Well it may sound silly but you can be a 'Pro Gamer' These people sit in chairs, no beer though, they play games like Quake 3 Arena and UT over servers. I don't exactly know WHY they do it, but you can win prize money of around £30,000 if you win a championship! In Q3A You can also be a games tester, a bit like Er-No, but more advanced...no -offense er-no, but you can do it for a job, of course you have to do reviews and put in suggestions but at least you are playing games. The other thing is a Game Show host, not Blind Date or any of that girly crap but Game Over type things where you can get to play games way before anyone else in the 'real world'. You also get tickets to E3 courtesy of your company...NOT BAD!!!!!!!

Pro Gaming, Games Testing and Presenting are fairly easy to get into in comparison to some other jobs but by the time you're ready for that sort of thing there will be a lot more competition!!!!
Tue 27/03/01 at 18:14
Regular
M16, not too much beer mate, you'll get fat!
Tue 27/03/01 at 18:05
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
You just wrote my job description M16, except for the beer, Diet Coke is better because it doesn't make you waste bullets in Resident Evil like beer does.
Tue 27/03/01 at 18:02
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Im in year 9 at the moment but i still don't know what i want to do for a job. Well I do, but I just want to sit on my backside all day, play games, beer in the hand and get payed for it.

Any suggestions of what I can do guys?
Tue 27/03/01 at 17:51
Gaming is definately better than Uni, well Uni work anyway..not Uni girls!
Tue 27/03/01 at 17:28
Regular
Im not surprised, i think my parents would be slightly annoyed if i decided to quit uni as well.
Tue 27/03/01 at 17:25
Regular
Glad to hear it. I just printed that off and emailed it to my family, who had other thoughts on my career move.
Tue 27/03/01 at 17:22
Regular
I'd agree with you completely on that one FM!!!!
Tue 27/03/01 at 16:49
Regular
I finished the first year of my Maths BSc last year. I got a distinction.

Then I got a Dreamcast, and am no longer a student.

Moral: Gaming is better than studying.
Tue 27/03/01 at 16:02
Regular
I had a well fit art teacher in year 9. Miss Edwards was her name.

*Puts on rose tinted specs*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.