GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MGS2 - How do you kill yours?!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/03/01 at 23:14
Regular
What's the best or most unexpected way you've killed or disabled someone in the MGS2 demo?

This is mine...

After assuming control of Snake, I made my way up to the top deck of the ship, outside. I was practicing the 'hold up' tecnique, and caught one of the guards at the corner of the gangway; he was facing outwards.

Then I made the mistake of putting my gun away, at which point the guy turned, punched me (well, punched Snake), and went for his gun. As Snake got back to his feet, I started hitting the punch button (circle) almost in a fit of panic. Three presses... punch, punch, roundhouse...

The roundhouse kick connected with the guard's chin, and sent him flying backwards, over the guard rail, to the deck below, screaming as he fell!

It was totally unexpected, and I sat there in amazement at what had just happened, with my jaw on the floor. I know it only sounds like a 'litte thing', but I was completely shocked;I did not expect to be able to get the guard off of the walkway in that fashion.

Any other 'novel' methods?
Tue 27/03/01 at 14:45
"High polygon count"
> Apparently the soldiers shout at you
> in Japanese in the demo, so the voices would have to be translated,
> and they'd probably do the lip-synching too. There's no doubt a fair
> amount of text too to deal with.

Well, a couple of months then... still only a few weeks!

The game is - officially - getting a pre-Christmas release in Europe...

http://special.reserve.co.uk /news/story.php?id=718

The demo has Japanese voices but English text. The voice-overs shouldn't take too long; maybe a September/October release in Japan and late November here?
Tue 27/03/01 at 14:45
When I get the chance I've been playing it in preference over Starfighter. Starfighter is probably the better game, but ZOE is a good old fashioned arcade game at heart (with lush visuals), and had more of an instant arcade fix element to it.

Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else think that those synthesised screams when occupied buildings are destroyed are a little bit eerie? It certainly makes me think twice about going in all guns blazing!
Tue 27/03/01 at 14:37
Regular
"not dead"
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:

No, it's not out in Japan yet.
> It's due later this year in Europe, probably only a few weeks after
> the Japanese launch.

Unless they have a team translating as they go, it can't beout a few weeks after the Japanese launch, can it?

Apparently the soldiers shout at you in Japanese in the demo, so the voices would have to be translated, and they'd probably do the lip-synching too. There's no doubt a fair amount of text too to deal with.

They'd have to pull out all the stops to get it out so soon after the Japanese launch.
Tue 27/03/01 at 14:26
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Just picked up Z.O.E at lunchtime, so tonight I will mostly be playing MGS2 Demo.
Hurrah for me!

Now, I just pray I dont have one that suffers from hours of loading times.

*fingers crossed*

Is Z.O.E any good?
Tue 27/03/01 at 13:56
"High polygon count"
> so when is the full version rumoured to be out people. its in japan
> already isn't it.

No, it's not out in Japan yet. It's due later this year in Europe, probably only a few weeks after the Japanese launch.
Tue 27/03/01 at 13:55
"High polygon count"
> Does the dry box get wet if left in the rain too long?

To be honest, I haven't tried.
Tue 27/03/01 at 13:44
so when is the full version rumoured to be out people. its in japan already isn't it.

I like the way the guards plead with you in japanese not to blow their head or balls off
Tue 27/03/01 at 13:44
Does the dry box get wet if left in the rain too long?
Tue 27/03/01 at 13:42
"High polygon count"
> There are two boxes a wet one located at the top deck
> of the boat (outside) and a dry one located in the room with the
> water melons.

Yes - the dry box will attract attention if used out on the deck in the rain, and the wet box will attract attention if used inside the ship! :-) Logical, but a nice touch.
Tue 27/03/01 at 13:40
"High polygon count"
One from PSM2 magazine that I haven't tried yet...

As you make your way up the decks, you come across a mess hall with a security camera. There's a guard in there, so take him out. Then throw a chaff grenade to temporarily disable the camera and put the sleeping/dead guard in the camera's field of view, and hide under one of the tables.

When the effects of the chaff subside and the camera comes back on, the body will be 'seen' and more guards will flood into the room. You can shoot them in the legs from under the table, apparently. But watch that they don't roll any grenades under there...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.